Thread: Roxy Music

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 286/48
    Given: 403/2

Roxy Music

Hey friends ,

Mr. Q here, I need a huge favor from all my friends. Please register to vote for Roxy Music for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame . As many of you know, I am a huge Bryan Ferry fan and equally fond of his band Roxy Music. They have had made a huge impact on Rock music in the last 40+ years. Their core members including Ferry but most importantly the contributions of co-founder Brian Eno have made a lasting impression on music for almost 50 years. Eno, alone is responsible for some of the most amazing music of the late 20th century. His work on David Bowie's Berlin Trilogy alone merits him getting in the rock hall as a producer. Not to mention the fact that he turned U2 into a mainstream act. I know my European friends are far more familiar with Roxy than most Americans. They weren't a top 40 band. But three or four of their albums consistently rank in as some of the greatest rock records ever made. Their final studio album Avalon is probably their best known work and although not a household staple on American radio helped usher in or boost New Wave music in the early 80's. Their influence can be heard through countless acts including U2, Ultravox, Duran Duran, the Sex Pistols, Siouxie and the Banshees, ABC, Chic, Psychadelic Furs and too many other acts to mention. If we can give them a boost of at least 100, 000 votes or more they will definitely be a shoe in. So please, if you have the time please go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and sign up and vote...... Thank you guys.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/5
    Given: 2/0
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanferryfan View Post
    Hey friends ,

Mr. Q here, I need a huge favor from all my friends. Please register to vote for Roxy Music for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame . As many of you know, I am a huge Bryan Ferry fan and equally fond of his band Roxy Music. They have had made a huge impact on Rock music in the last 40+ years. Their core members including Ferry but most importantly the contributions of co-founder Brian Eno have made a lasting impression on music for almost 50 years. Eno, alone is responsible for some of the most amazing music of the late 20th century. His work on David Bowie's Berlin Trilogy alone merits him getting in the rock hall as a producer. Not to mention the fact that he turned U2 into a mainstream act. I know my European friends are far more familiar with Roxy than most Americans. They weren't a top 40 band. But three or four of their albums consistently rank in as some of the greatest rock records ever made. Their final studio album Avalon is probably their best known work and although not a household staple on American radio helped usher in or boost New Wave music in the early 80's. Their influence can be heard through countless acts including U2, Ultravox, Duran Duran, the Sex Pistols, Siouxie and the Banshees, ABC, Chic, Psychadelic Furs and too many other acts to mention. If we can give them a boost of at least 100, 000 votes or more they will definitely be a shoe in. So please, if you have the time please go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and sign up and vote...... Thank you guys.
    Love ROXY MUSIC. One of my favorite Rock Bands.

Do the Strand baby!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by DYNACORD View Post
    Love ROXY MUSIC. One of my favorite Rock Bands.

Do the Strand baby!
    There ya go ! please vote !

Thumbs Up/Down
    [QUOTE=bryanferryfan;62944]There ya go ! please vote ![/QUOTE

Actually guys they need 400,000 votes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Well guys , Roxy Music got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame . yeah jz4cwHsgD2ySEiFWZjXkyV-650-80.jpg