Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 0/0

New security system

Hi I am new here, I have noticed you added a new security system "new device or location detected" but I have 2 houses + work and multiple devices (phone, tablet, pc) and the sites ask me for activation code but sometimes I dont have the time to check the email I just want to watch the videos quickly, why did u add this annoying option? or there should be an option to add the device once we are inside the site without go to my email account or provider to make it fast like hbo go for example or some others stream sites

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

All round Grooby Guy GroobySteven's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 774/127
    Given: 634/8
    It take approx. 10 seconds to verify it's your account (open email - get code - enter code) which saves us from getting accounts hacked which is a much bigger problem as it could take us all day to get back to you.
    It's a minor inconvenience which only affects a small amount of supporters on the site. We don't have the same budgets that HBO (a site you can't download from anyway) do to create our own solution, and this is the best one we can get. And it's been working, which means all members get faster connections and a better experience.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 0/0
    I know the intention is good but I got the email after 10 min some times didn't receive it at all and got it after had tried several times, so i guess it's not working like it's supposed to, thats why i and many ppl hated discord when they added this "feature"

All round Grooby Guy GroobySteven's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 774/127
    Given: 634/8
    Quote Originally Posted by matti View Post
    I know the intention is good but I got the email after 10 min some times didn't receive it at all and got it after had tried several times, so i guess it's not working like it's supposed to, thats why i and many ppl hated discord when they added this "feature"
    I'll take a look into that, but that's the first time I've heard of it being more than immediate. Each time it's happened to me it was right away. If it's not there immediately please contact us on customer support so I can take a look.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 49/35
    Given: 3,510/1
    matti - can you let us know your username on customerservice@grooby.com please and I'll look into why it's being triggered for you, a new device and new ip address will do it tho. The good news is that once it's learned your devices it should stop asking you for that code. Thanks

Alexander
    Grooby Webmaster