Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

Suggestion for photographers: less photoshopping (preserve skin texture)

There are some truly amazing photo shoots on this site ("Gorgeous Girl", for example), but unfortunately... they all seem to suffer from overly enthusiastic photoshopping, in particular, texture smoothing of their skin to the extend that they no longer even have pores. It makes the girls looks artificial/fake, almost like a CGI construct or a comic book.

The photo shoot pics would be MUCH more erotic if there was less skin smoothing / FaceTuning / etc of the photos.
    Real people have pores and slight imperfections, and that's what makes them look like real humans, as opposed to CGI.

I'm aware of "different strokes for different folks", so perhaps one way to please both audiences would be to have the unretouched pictures under a "Raw" tab (alongside the video captures tab, "Caps")?

Just my $0.02.

Thanks in advance.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 49/35
    Given: 3,510/1
    Hi, we do far less photoshopping than you'd think and we don't do a lot of texture smoothing.
    The models are usually well made up, which can hide pores etc. but we have no desire to present a cgi version, we keep it as natural as we can.

I'm not sure which scenes you are referring to, I've looked through some recent shoots scenes and I think we're keeping it pretty natural.
    Look at this photo from the recent Ari Whyte scene for example, https://www.black-tgirls.com/members...te1.kk.012.jpg

Some screen settings can make models look 'softer' or more highly photoshopped than they are, your contrast for example can play a role, as well as your screen resolution.
    If you're on a mobile device the nature of the small screen will hide most small details.

Can you tell me some scenes where you've seen this so I can take a look and get a feel for what you mean?

Thanks.

Alexander
    Grooby Webmaster

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 945/18
    Given: 503/9
    Omar Wax is the only one that definitely looks distinctly different when compared to other photographers.

All round Grooby Guy GroobySteven's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 774/127
    Given: 634/8
    None of the photographers apart from Frank for Franks-Tgirlworld and Damazo for the Brazilian sites do their own photoshopping. Content comes in raw, and it gets edited in house. In theory, that means every photograph will look the same. But different cameras, different light set ups and the fact that some producers even do their own makeup on the girls all mean that each set and model look different. i don't like the over-retouched content either and I've often sent content back to producers asking which it looks so glossed, they've sent me back the unretouched/raw photos to look at, and that's how they look there before any work is done.

We generally only retouch pimples or bad blemishes, and bad boob scars. Other than that it's mainly just colour correction.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 945/18
    Given: 503/9

Arrow

Let me see here...
    "Hannah" is an Omar Wax shot.

"Asia" is a Radius Dark shot.

I believe this (Hannah) is what the OP is talking about when compared to Radius Dark (Asia)
    Attached Images Attached Images

All round Grooby Guy GroobySteven's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 774/127
    Given: 634/8
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    Let me see here...
    "Hannah" is an Omar Wax shot.

"Asia" is a Radius Dark shot.

I believe this (Hannah) is what the OP is talking about when compared to Radius Dark (Asia)
    Asia was Jack Flash.
    Go back to what I stated. Neither producer retouched anything. These were retouched in-house by our editor. So any differences you're seeing are in the model, the lighting or the camera used. I can see skin texture on Hannah's knees and on Asia

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Hi, we do far less photoshopping than you'd think and we don't do a lot of texture smoothing.
    The models are usually well made up, which can hide pores etc. but we have no desire to present a cgi version, we keep it as natural as we can.

I'm not sure which scenes you are referring to, I've looked through some recent shoots scenes and I think we're keeping it pretty natural.
    Look at this photo from the recent Ari Whyte scene for example, https://www.black-tgirls.com/members...te1.kk.012.jpg

Some screen settings can make models look 'softer' or more highly photoshopped than they are, your contrast for example can play a role, as well as your screen resolution.
    If you're on a mobile device the nature of the small screen will hide most small details.

Can you tell me some scenes where you've seen this so I can take a look and get a feel for what you mean?

Thanks.
    Hi Alexander,
    Apologies for my delayed reply, got busy with work/etc.
    After looking at your ariwhyte1.kk.012.jpg example, and then trying to find examples which (IMHO) look more natural (less skin smoothing), I realized that I'd actually been looking at a very amateur site recently where the models had no makeup or very minimal makeup.

So I think I was mistaken earlier, it's not that the grooby images are over processed, it's just that they have so much makeup that they look less realistic.

To avoid copyright,etc, problems, I found public domain site which has a great example of what I'm talking about.
    If you look at model #9 at this URL, it shows the same girl both before and after makeup:https://www.boredpanda.com/before-an...mpaign=organic

(Move your mouse left/right to see before/after makeup version of the same image).

So I guess what I was really looking for wasn't less photoshopping/processing of the model images, it was models without makeup or with minimal makeup.
    The slight imperfections (freckles, etc) that foundation hides are what (to me, anyway) make the before-makeup image look so much more realistic (less photoshopped/CGI).

It would be great if some grooby shoots could try using less makeup. Perhaps the models that might be receptive to this type of shoot are those models that with phenomenal faces naturally (for example Gorgeous Girl or Black Barbi).

Best,
    -Ted