Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    29
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 27/0
    Given: 2/0

    FEEDBACK: Grooby's new restrictions on downloads

    While I often download more from Grooby sites than others, the daily 25 video download limit is fair, as explained. One can always buy their gold ticket package and enjoy their sites for only $20 for a month, and not be concerned with recurring billing.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    All round Grooby Guy GroobySteven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,894
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 474/120
    Given: 564/7
    Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    While I often download more from Grooby sites than others, the daily 25 video download limit is fair, as explained. One can always buy their gold ticket package and enjoy their sites for only $20 for a month, and not be concerned with recurring billing.
    Thanks for the input Justin.
    It's actually a different amount on different websites with the larger websites having 25 a day, the medium sized updating (Femout, Network, etc) 20 a day, and the smaller sites (Tgirls.porn, etc.) 10 a day. This does not affect your ability to stream unlimited content.

    I believe we're going to see the industry shift to a more streaming/locker system in the coming years much like Netflix, Spotify, Amazon Prime, etc. but in my opinion the technology and speeds aren't quite there for many. It will only work, when we're all able to stream rapidly.

    This wasn't a decision lightly taken, although we have always had download limits on data. We found those wanting 4k content were hitting the limits in a lot fewer scenes, and thought that was unfair and a scene limit better.

    Thanks

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    29
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 27/0
    Given: 2/0
    You many want to clarify if your limit includes photo files, and also post the limit for a site on its opening page. In addition, what is the limit's hours, as some of us use download managers that can be working into the next day, for example, is it the local time of your customer's day?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    123
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 186/1
    Given: 14/0
    I can see some people being annoyed by the limits, and not just those that join to basically rip the site in their one month sub. However I think as with many things there comes a time where changes are needed for the greater good. I imagine that your sites have taken a hit with the pandemic hurting many people financially and therefore people have less to spend on websites when food and bills need to be paid for. To keep going compromises have to be made and I think as you have mentioned on the sites this is probably the best way to keep the sites going but still allow people to download a decent amount of content over a months sub. With 4k content also becoming the norm now in terms of expectations by many subscribers a 30Gb or 60Gb daily limit would be reached within a few files. So it does again make sense to have a scene limit rather than a data limit.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    All round Grooby Guy GroobySteven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,894
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 474/120
    Given: 564/7
    Quote Originally Posted by justin44 View Post
    You many want to clarify if your limit includes photo files, and also post the limit for a site on its opening page. In addition, what is the limit's hours, as some of us use download managers that can be working into the next day, for example, is it the local time of your customer's day?
    It does not include photo files.
    We'll look at posting the limits, but the fact is VERY few people hit it a day, so posting it for those few just takes up space that can be used for something for the remaining majority. We're not going to help 'game' the download managers - we've never offered support for them, although we don't block it either.

    Thanks

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    All round Grooby Guy GroobySteven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,894
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 474/120
    Given: 564/7
    Quote Originally Posted by dozzer32 View Post
    I can see some people being annoyed by the limits, and not just those that join to basically rip the site in their one month sub. However I think as with many things there comes a time where changes are needed for the greater good. I imagine that your sites have taken a hit with the pandemic hurting many people financially and therefore people have less to spend on websites when food and bills need to be paid for. To keep going compromises have to be made and I think as you have mentioned on the sites this is probably the best way to keep the sites going but still allow people to download a decent amount of content over a months sub. With 4k content also becoming the norm now in terms of expectations by many subscribers a 30Gb or 60Gb daily limit would be reached within a few files. So it does again make sense to have a scene limit rather than a data limit.
    Thanks. We're doing okay during this period actually, because with the lack of some piracy (both by our own new technology, and the issues tube sites are having), and the fact that in the trans space there are a lot less competition than previous. The limits, as you said, were changed to accommodate those wanting to download the larger files, and to stop people taking advantage of the site with a month (or less membership) and expecting to rip. We're seeing a lot of people joining who we've not seen return for years (and we suspect many of these can no longer get the content via piracy) and they're mainly the ones who are expecting to pay the least - and download the most, to the point that we'd be losing money on some of them. This isn't fair to existing members who support our sites and have done for years, and our budgets should be reinvested into keeping them happy (better content, better servers, etc.) than letting a minority abuse them.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Customer Service and Password Support

About Grooby  |   $$ Webmasters $$  |   Want to Model?  |   Report Piracy!  |   Spam Policy  |  




© GroobyForum.com - Any misuse, unauthorised use or copyright infringement of these images whatsoever will be met by criminal and civil litigations WITHOUT FAIL.


Copyright holders send DMCA notifications to admin@grooby.com