Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/5
    Given: 2/0

Ghetto TGirls

TV Surfer,

I did'nt see anywhere in this thread anybody questioning that phrase you used to describe those 2 individuals in the movie. I don't think you needed to defend yourself. I'm sure that phrase entered everyones mind.
    Those 2 were not let in the club because they most likely acted like trouble at the door and could'nt understand why they were rejected.
    They should just stay home. Alone. "LOL"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Question

From my thread I wanted to clear up the notion that I was an apologist for other black peoples behavior. Some posters said they were embarrassed.
    I personally don't like to use the word ghetto, because it is a monicker that stuck on people of African desecent living areas that were connoted as black, during the civil rights era. We use to live in a slum or 'across the tracks!' Some people will use the word, like I did right off the top of their heads, such as, "Don't go down there, that's the ghetto!", or phrases like that. I had stated before that I don't use the word African American to describe myself or others of African descent, because I can't take the weight of a continent of identifying who I am; my ancestors were taken from a country in Africa. A Nigerian American won't take it too kindly to someone calling them an African American, because they claim nationalism, first! I can't honestly make that assertion, because my ancestors were taken from their countries in Africa and brought here. It's a basic fundemental of all people to know where the nationalism lies. A Frenchman doesn't call himself a European! I personally hold firm to that belief. So therefore, I am an American, first with African??? roots!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by 11inchtranny View Post
    I added this video to show what people will do just to draw attention to themselves...Yes the beginning of the video is very ignorant and im sure a great embrassment to the african american and transgender society as a whole but i just love the ending...The whole "britney ur not crazy" thing is just cracks me up....kisses yana
    I think in that sense it was very hilarious, and I, for some reason, like to see black cats fight - I just like tough girls I guess.. Embarassing that is but also entertaining and you can believe that I have had my fair share of that action as I've dated for 4 years an African girl....

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by TVSURFER View Post
    From my thread I wanted to clear up the notion that I was an apologist for other black peoples behavior. Some posters said they were embarrassed.
    I personally don't like to use the word ghetto, because it is a monicker that stuck on people of African desecent living areas that were connoted as black, during the civil rights era. We use to live in a slum or 'across the tracks!' Some people will use the word, like I did right off the top of their heads, such as, "Don't go down there, that's the ghetto!", or phrases like that. I had stated before that I don't use the word African American to describe myself or others of African descent, because I can't take the weight of a continent of identifying who I am; my ancestors were taken from a country in Africa. A Nigerian American won't take it too kindly to someone calling them an African American, because they claim nationalism, first! I can't honestly make that assertion, because my ancestors were taken from their countries in Africa and brought here. It's a basic fundemental of all people to know where the nationalism lies. A Frenchman doesn't call himself a European! I personally hold firm to that belief. So therefore, I am an American, first with African??? roots!
    I think you're perfectly on the spot there. The Africans I know would not take it too well if they were called African-Americans, they are very proud of their nationality and are very clear to distinct themselves from other African nationalities*. Even to a point that I don't understand, but I think it's also a tribalism-thing as even within a nation there are many tribes that want to distinct themselvers from each other. (And many of the troubles inside a country in Africa are coming from that background)

By the way I don't think being called "European" is that bad as I know it is very hard to make a distinction between different nationalities if one isn't any familiar with European countries, I don't mind at least, and I know Africans don't mind being called "Africans" as well for the same reason. And for it's true, we are Europeans and they are Africans. An american is as good word too, it just means a person born and raised in America.

*(But for some reason many Kenyans I know would like to be mistaken as Jamaicans and my ex-girlfriend took it even further by claiming so to random people.. Well, they like reggae so!)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/1
    Given: 9/1
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouth View Post
    I didnt get it. What's so hilarious? That was sad, ignorant and a big show begging for the wrong attention. I blame the parents. I thought they were going to at least throw hands. Very anti-climatic.

I hope that doesnt get out too much....thats gonna set back black folks back a couple of years. We just got through the Flavor of Love stuff lol.
    Hey man I appreciate your work and even plan to forward a st louis prospect's number to you but... this thinking plays in to the racist thinking that black folks are no better then the lowest black folks.

When Jeffry Dahmer got found out people didn't say oh it makes all white people look bad it was understood he was just one guy.

Same with those silly trannies. Its a matter of individuals out of control, mothing to do with black folks in general.

peace

Thumbs Up/Down
    LMAO LMAO times 20 that was too funny

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    boy I wish I could get back those 3 minutes of my life I just wasted with that video.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/5
    that shit is funny and foolish lighten up ppl....someone has to be laughed at

these dumb ass hoes/men/women/t girl etc just want attn and its fuckin comedy for me

so laugh n hope not to see any1 u care about on that shit

Thumbs Up/Down
    Eh, In this Youtube dominated internet culture people will always get a laugh at the oddest things, to each their own I reckon...

Thumbs Up/Down
    Everyone wants their 5 minutes of fame, and she comes off as a drama queen to be avoided at all cost! so I guess something good did come out of watching this vid lol

----------------
    Now playing: A Perfect Circle - Weak and Powerless (Tilling My Grave mix)
    via FoxyTunes