Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    I still have a shitload of VHS tapes. Which is unfortunate because I left my VCR/DVD player with my mom. So now they're just sitting here. But I don't wanna throw them away because some of it is classic shit that I taped myself.

I mainly watch Martial Arts films myself, specifically old school Kung-Fu movies like The Kid With the Golden Arms ( which is proven to help me sleep soundly. ) and new styled Kung-Fu movies like Ip Man and Dragon Tiger Gate. If you want something rather far out look for Old Boy assuming you haven't seen it already.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I shall now place one more soul to rest.

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler View Post
    I still have a shitload of VHS tapes. Which is unfortunate because I left my VCR/DVD player with my mom. So now they're just sitting here. But I don't wanna throw them away because some of it is classic shit that I taped myself.

I mainly watch Martial Arts films myself, specifically old school Kung-Fu movies like The Kid With the Golden Arms ( which is proven to help me sleep soundly. ) and new styled Kung-Fu movies like Ip Man and Dragon Tiger Gate. If you want something rather far out look for Old Boy assuming you haven't seen it already.

Friend showed me Oldboy, but still haven't seen Ip Man, though I've heard good things about it.

----------------
    Now playing: Muse - starlight
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    I'd recommend both movies. Doesn't fail to deliver in any category.

G-Woman and transcyclopedia ... she keep's us on our toes!
    In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Remy M View Post
    Yes sir! I am a cinema fanatic, so I have good archive collection, but do still maintain a separate collection of retail dvds that are special to me. One outnumbers the other due to liking digital media like avi, as it's future proof to changing media formats. DvD are going out the door, like laser disc and eventually same with Blu Ray. Having the archived files allows to maintain collection without repurchases.

----------------
    I'm a cinephile as well, also love foreign and independent films and reading
    sub-titles and closed captioning.

Demonoid is cool as p2p goes, and I like Newsgroups and IRC for various
    interests I have.

However, neither really works for my most of my video needs as my true love
    is cinema verite, film noir, and old B & W movies.

For that, I have a Hauppauge HD PVR http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products /data
    _hdpvr.html which records component video (YCrCb) and utilizes the "analog hole",
    as well as a couple of DVRs.

The recording format is AVCHD, which can be used to burn Blu-ray DVD,
    or I can burn regular DVDs.

Had a ton of videotapes, but had to get rid of them because between the
    books, magazines, computers, and electronics, there was getting to be no
    place for me in my home. That and the fact of video tape degradation, and
    they just don't look as good as digital media.

Most people say that they mostly will watch a movie once, and that's it
    for the movie. Me, I archive the movies, and there are many movies that I
    watch over, and over from time to time.

Same for my music, when I tell folks that I have 10s of thousands of songs
    on my Ipod (which is a fraction of my total music; .mp3, .ogg, .aac, .wav,
    cds, vinyl, cassettes, and music I have created) they look at me askance.

And no, I am not the "Queen of all media".

Also. not a WW fan.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by peggygee View Post
    I'm a cinephile as well, also love foreign and independent films and reading
    sub-titles and closed captioning.

Demonoid is cool as p2p goes, and I like Newsgroups and IRC for various
    interests I have.

However, neither really works for my most of my video needs as my true love
    is cinema verite, film noir, and old B & W movies.

For that, I have a Hauppauge HD PVR http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products /data
    _hdpvr.html which records component video (YCrCb) and utilizes the "analog hole",
    as well as a couple of DVRs.

The recording format is AVCHD, which can be used to burn Blu-ray DVD,
    or I can burn regular DVDs.

Had a ton of videotapes, but had to get rid of them because between the
    books, magazines, computers, and electronics, there was getting to be no
    place for me in my home. That and the fact of video tape degradation, and
    they just don't look as good as digital media.

Most people say that they mostly will watch a movie once, and that's it
    for the movie. Me, I archive the movies, and there are many movies that I
    watch over, and over from time to time.

Same for my music, when I tell folks that I have 10s of thousands of songs
    on my Ipod (which is a fraction of my total music; .mp3, .ogg, .aac, .wav,
    cds, vinyl, cassettes, and music I have created) they look at me askance.

And no, I am not the "Queen of all media".

Also. not a WW fan.
    Ohhh thank for that link!! I've been looking for a device to record my gaming and pc screens ha! *happy dance*

I actually always watch my movies twice before burning to archived disc. Aside from playing for a new viewer I tend to let a good 6 months or more go by before returning to a particular film to allow for better appreciation. I do also read my books multiple times.

I'm not a fan either, spent time with some that enjoy her show and reality shows. Felt like my IQ was diminishing with every minute spent watching such drivel.

----------------
    Now playing: The Dresden Dolls - Delilah
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Remy M View Post
    Link didn't work...

I actually always watch my movies twice before burning to archived disc. Aside from playing for a new viewer I tend to let a good 6 months or more go by before returning to a particular film to allow for better appreciation. I do also read my books multiple times.

I'm not a fan either, spent time with some that enjoy her show and BET programs. Felt like my IQ was diminishing with every minute spent watching such drivel.

----------------
    Now playing: The Dresden Dolls - Delilah
    via FoxyTunes
    I could spend 2 weeks watching the same set of movies over and over again. Particularly with the tapes I have that have 2 or more movies recorded on them. I can't count the amount of times I've watch New Jack City --> Snatch, Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels ---> Trainspotting, or Beijing Bicycle ---> Kikujiro. Which is why I seriously do not wanna get rid of my tapes. Not to mention the whole lot that I got from my grandma when she passed. She had a major collection of stuff, including the entire Roots series.

Every time I hear Wendy Williams speak, it's like being given instant but temporary rabies. It's offensive to all senses and angers me. Yes that's right, ALL senses! I can actually taste the irritation! As for BET, if that is what's meant to entertain black people, I officially hand in my resignation.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler View Post
    I could spend 2 weeks watching the same set of movies over and over again. Particularly with the tapes I have that have 2 or more movies recorded on them. I can't count the amount of times I've watch New Jack City --> Snatch, Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels ---> Trainspotting, or Beijing Bicycle ---> Kikujiro. Which is why I seriously do not wanna get rid of my tapes. Not to mention the whole lot that I got from my grandma when she passed. She had a major collection of stuff, including the entire Roots series.

Every time I hear Wendy Williams speak, it's like being given instant but temporary rabies. It's offensive to all senses and angers me. Yes that's right, ALL senses! I can actually taste the irritation! As for BET, if that is what's meant to entertain black people, I officially hand in my resignation.
    D'oh! I changed certain aspects of my post so as not to offend the black community but indeed, that is one channel I never want to land on. The Game is the only show that I've walked away saying "Oh, well that wasn't so bad after all." Gave up on 106 & Park when Free left.

----------------
    Now playing: The Dresden Dolls - Girl Anachronism
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    I was actually a fan of The Game before it went to BET so that's... pretty much how I sleep at night on that one. Occasionally however there will be an old movie on BET that I won't mind watching such as Juice or Strapped. But not much other than that.

Thumbs Up/Down

Woe Is Me

Our family dog, a Lhaso Apso, PJ (Prince James) had to be put down this morning. He suffered from acute liver failure. Crying like one baby... Those that truly know me, know that I'm an avid animal lover, former PETA supporter, current Green Peace supporter. Please love your pets as family members and give them the attention and care they deserve.

Thumbs Up/Down
    That's rough. You have my condolences.