Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Don't get me wrong, I love trees. I mean what's better than a shade covered picnic in the park after all... But when I'm watching a movie that's supposed to thrill me, seeing people run from something that's firmly rooted into the ground is not my idea of a good time. Well it kind of is because they look so stupid but other than that, no.

And yeah, my friend pointed out that any good movies he's made ( 2 ) have Bruce Willis in them. So maybe he oughta think about working with him again. And yet at the same time I can't get mad at M. Knight Sh..shyamma... sh... Him... ( Schyamalan yes? ) because he's making millions off these bad movies. And people let him.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I shall now place one more soul to rest.

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love trees. I mean what's better than a shade covered picnic in the park after all... But when I'm watching a movie that's supposed to thrill me, seeing people run from something that's firmly rooted into the ground is not my idea of a good time. Well it kind of is because they look so stupid but other than that, no.

And yeah, my friend pointed out that any good movies he's made ( 2 ) have Bruce Willis in them. So maybe he oughta think about working with him again. And yet at the same time I can't get mad at M. Knight Sh..shyamma... sh... Him... ( Schyamalan yes? ) because he's making millions off these bad movies. And people let him.
    I actually did like the one with the Aliens allergic to water lol starring Mel Gibson another actor I'm a fan of, along with the Phoenix family of actors

----------------
    Now playing: Mudvayne - Everything And Nothing
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Yeah I'd have to say behind all the blatant racism he's still a damn good actor. Hell I'll watch Mad Max and Road Warrior no matter how much he blames the Jews for the world's problems. But I thought that was a pretty horrible movie. I mean, considering that the main element of water is in the oxygen we breathe... not to mention the Earth being 70% water... If you're smart enough to travel worlds you should be smart enough to figure out whether or not said world will bring you to a brutal end. But hey, I've never traveled through space, I just watched the Power Rangers do it. So what do I know. >_>

Thumbs Up/Down
    Yeah I'd have to say behind all the blatant racism he's still a damn good actor. Hell I'll watch Mad Max and Road Warrior no matter how much he blames the Jews for the world's problems. But I thought that was a pretty horrible movie. I mean, considering that the main element of water is in the oxygen we breathe... not to mention the Earth being 70% water... If you're smart enough to travel worlds you should be smart enough to figure out whether or not said world will bring you to a brutal end. But hey, I've never traveled through space, I just watched the Power Rangers do it. So what do I know. >_>
    Mighty Morphing Power Rangers!!!!

Yeah big fan of Mad Max, hear that's getting a reboot too *sighs* The way I see it, if people can forgive Disney questionable history of antisemitic views, which I consider more of an offender than Gibson, then why not him too eh.

----------------
    Now playing: Mudvayne - Pharmaecopia
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Anxiously awaiting Six Feet Under for more Darkly Dreaming Micheal C Hall.

----------------
    Now playing: Mudvayne - (K)now F(orever)
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    You know... Zack was missing a middle finger on one of his hands... I think it was the right one. I'd never have known if I hadn't read it and gone back to look.

A reboot of Mad Max may actually be alright, given that if anything is done right in movies these days it's action. The real threat however is that they'll cast some pretty boy actor who couldn't survive a post apocalyptic world beyond wetting himself and me taking all of his shit before booting him out of a moving vehicle.

I'm waiting for the next season of Dexter. Can't wait to see who they'll cast opposite of him this time. Between Jimmy Smits and Johnny Lee Miller ( Don't know if you saw Hackers... ) I'd like to see who else they can get for this show.

Thumbs Up/Down
    You know... Zack was missing a middle finger on one of his hands... I think it was the right one. I'd never have known if I hadn't read it and gone back to look.

A reboot of Mad Max may actually be alright, given that if anything is done right in movies these days it's action. The real threat however is that they'll cast some pretty boy actor who couldn't survive a post apocalyptic world beyond wetting himself and me taking all of his shit before booting him out of a moving vehicle.

I'm waiting for the next season of Dexter. Can't wait to see who they'll cast opposite of him this time. Between Jimmy Smits and Johnny Lee Miller ( Don't know if you saw Hackers... ) I'd like to see who else they can get for this show.
    Totally did not know about that, until a friend mentioned it a while back lol

Hollywood doing action right... *glances toward Sucker Punch* Well, I guess they can't do it right all of the time. lol j/k

Haven't seen Hackers?!? Have you forgotten whom you are speaking to! lol I love that movie, fell in love with Angelina Jolie on account of that movie.

I had my reservations about Mr Smits, but I enjoyed his character. Wouldn't have consider myself a fan of his work until Dexter. Gave that lawyer show he had a watch to see if I'd still like him, but it got canceled before I could decide lol

----------------
    Now playing: Otep - House Of Secrets
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    The thing was I heard the action in Sucker Punch was the only good thing about it. It was actually the main reference I was basing my point on. But I haven't seen it myself and my friends are more prone to being taken in by school girl outfits than me so... Who can say. I'll take Police Story over that movie any day though.

I figured you probably saw it but there are still people who haven't seen The Dark Knight so I leave nothing to chance. It's like not seeing Rocky and calling yourself American... Don't. - _-

I was a little iffy about him as well, but he really played that character to a tee. Particularly in the final few moments when he finds out about his brother. His reaction is something me and my friends imitate to this day. XD

Thumbs Up/Down
    The thing was I heard the action in Sucker Punch was the only good thing about it. It was actually the main reference I was basing my point on. But I haven't seen it myself and my friends are more prone to being taken in by school girl outfits than me so... Who can say. I'll take Police Story over that movie any day though.

I figured you probably saw it but there are still people who haven't seen The Dark Knight so I leave nothing to chance. It's like not seeing Rocky and calling yourself American... Don't. - _-

I was a little iffy about him as well, but he really played that character to a tee. Particularly in the final few moments when he finds out about his brother. His reaction is something me and my friends imitate to this day. XD
    The action sequences and outfits were 'cool' but that hardly makes it a good action movie, it was decent I guess. Put it this way, I was glad I didn't go see it in theaters, and action and horror movies are all I feel are worthy of theater experience. To be honest, the highlight for me, was the score. I paid more attention to the song credits "pause, put in slow motion" at end of movie than any particular scene.

Did watch a movie yesterday, most probably skipped. Sinners and Saints, now that was a good action movie, and no CGI.

Ha, I don't remember the reaction off hand, but will pop in the disc either tonight or tomorrow and see what I've forgotten. Actually, may just go ahead and do a marathon of the entire last season.

----------------
    Now playing: System Of A Down - Lost In Hollywood
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    That sounds like a lot of movies these days, which is a big part of why I don't go to theaters anymore. ( Also I'm broke. That helps... ) I think The Dark Knight may have been the last movie I saw in theaters... That definitely felt worth the price of admission and the money I spent on popcorn that I didn't want...

A lot of good movies get looked over for movies with big hollywood names. Unfortunately I can't think of any at the moment... But I think old school Kung-Fu films are amongst today's most under rated film genres.

That is exactly what you should do! I would if I could.

On another note, I just passed the scene where Johnny cage beats the shit out of the security guards and the producers. I was laughing the entire time. Why would you hire security guards less skilled than the guy you may need removed?