Quote Originally Posted by werwt22 View Post
It took every character in X-men, good and evil, to defeat him. Apocalypse was a genius, and he never seemed like this power-crazed psycho, he was huge and powerful, and always levelheaded. He's the perfect villian in every way. Im not claiming he was the strongest, but as far as all his attributes are concerned, he takes teh cake. Thanos and Phoenix are the only two that i would even say come close.
It depends on who's writing him. His best representation was on the FOX cartoon in the 90's. AOA had a good run, comic book wise but that's it. Every one else sucks at writing a relevant story regarding him. Thus giving him filler arcs that are barely entertaining. X-men villains in general have declined considerably because writers don't know what to do with them.

Look at Juggernaut (Cain Marko) and Magneto. Both are now demoted in powers and lacking in real presence in the Marvel Universe.

Then they turn around and make Apocalypse into a child and Mr. Sinister a woman.

You're right about Thanos. But sadly a character like him can't be written by just anyone. The Thanos Imperative was strongly lacking because of this.

If in wasn't for the new Ongoing Transformers books from IDW I'd have nothing to do with comic books right now.

I might keep a watch on Xmen vs Avengers though.