This is more venting than anything else. Just had a fairly big blow up with my family last night. I go to school out of state and I'm back up in Philly for the summer, staying with my parents. While I haven't been with a lot of t-girls, the family knows about them, and while they're definitely more open than most about it, they don't accept it. I'm basically the baby of the family, so everybody's very protective of me.

So last night I had planned to go to dinner with a girl...really nice, seems to have a lot going on for herself. We don't talk a whole lot, but there have been some loose plans for us to get together for a while now, and we had previously set a date twice for us to go out, but things just fell through at the last minute.

So everything was set for last night, and I'm on my way out the door when my mom figures out that I'm going out with a transsexual. She did not take that well at all. We basically got into a 2 hour argument/lecture about how what I was doing was wrong, what will the family think, etc. Lots of drama. It ends when I just make a stand and say that I'm going, but this is maybe an hour after I was supposed to pick her up. I grab my phone and she's understandably upset about me being that late and more or less cancelled. I try texting and calling her to let her know I'm coming, but she didn't answer or respond right away, I was already upset myself so I texted her back and cancelled. Needless to say, she's not happy about that.

So right now it seems like I've got a big pile of bullshit in my lap with the family and I haven't even tried to contact the girl yet. Not the end of the world or anything, and nothing I can't deal with, but it's still frustrating as hell. Not totally sure how I'm gonna handle all this yet, so any feedback's appreciated.