Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/1
    Given: 3/1

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Why does America have to help out other people when they can't even help out their own? ... and even if you think they do, who gets to pick and choose which?

Your "worst" option, as unfortunate as it seems on a personal level, may just be the "best" option.
    Great point.......The point that should be made every time we try to mind everyone else's business. It's one thing if we were a nation with a clean slate but I have a hard time trying to determine which of the stiffs are more atrocious the ones we seen photos of in Syria or the countless photos we seen of our own (black folk hanging lifeless by ropes from trees street lamps etc....)

I apologize.....seen The Butler two weeks ago

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    I presume SHAUNs post is referring to the question of Obama's motive behind wanting to sanction military intervention.

There is a consensus that Obama is pushing for action because Israel are leaning on him to do so and Obama's is attempting to protect his anti-war stance by leaning on congress to make the decision for him. I'm guessing this is what Shaun is getting at although I don't understand the treyvon martin reference.

It's a valid question to ask though - just how much is this stance down to Israeli pressure?

Intelligence from what I have seen/read is rather thin on the ground. I can't really deny that he has turned on his own people but you have to consider if military action will make things better. Surely military action will push Assad's regime to turn on Syrian civilians more often to show a more visible reaction in the face of the US action.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 21/13

Wink

Doing nothing (militarily) is the least shit option... I'm no military strategist either, but you'll have to go a long way to convince me that dropping "conventional" bombs on a country is going to improve anything short, mid or long term.

As for my (admitedly cheap) shot at Obama?... So what? He the prez; when he behaves idiotically he's there to be shot at.

Or is there something that exempts this prez from jokes, swipes, punchlines, exposes and the like?... Do me a fukking favour, I missed that memo LOL

And btw,

the photo isn't bigoted (as if that was possible?)... Simply, it portrays the exact (HOLLOW) words of Obama combined with the twitter title self chosen by Mr Martin... Neither one comes out looking great.

Nothing to do with Syria... Quite a lot to do with the Prez.

blue eyed devil

PS Just when exactly did Americans on this forum start being so fukking precious about their Prez?... Oh yeh, it was when Obama was elected.

PPS Zimmerman voted for Obama... now go and have a phony shit-attak on that lol

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 21/13
    Oh yeh forgot to say..

selective hypocrisy, guy...... not very cool

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/1
    Given: 3/1

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SHAUN View Post
    Doing nothing (militarily) is the least shit option... I'm no military strategist either, but you'll have to go a long way to convince me that dropping "conventional" bombs on a country is going to improve anything short, mid or long term.

As for my (admitedly cheap) shot at Obama?... So what? He the prez; when he behaves idiotically he's there to be shot at.

Or is there something that exempts this prez from jokes, swipes, punchlines, exposes and the like?... Do me a fukking favour, I missed that memo LOL

And btw,

the photo isn't bigoted (as if that was possible?)... Simply, it portrays the exact (HOLLOW) words of Obama combined with the twitter title self chosen by Mr Martin... Neither one comes out looking great.

Nothing to do with Syria... Quite a lot to do with the Prez.

blue eyed devil

PS Just when exactly did Americans on this forum start being so fukking precious about their Prez?... Oh yeh, it was when Obama was elected.

PPS Zimmerman voted for Obama... now go and have a phony shit-attak on that lol
    FAILED attempt.
    I suppose this is just social media keyboard ignorance. I got you just hope you are smarter in reality. Cause if you approached me in person with this I would've in turn asked you "whut did the five fingers say to the face? And don't worry I would've given you a convincing answer.

Banned
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Funny how the people who have talked down on the OP have said nothing to disprove any of what he said, all they've done is call names and voice their disagreement. Btw, disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that they are incorrect. But that's typical of liberals...unable to refute an argument, so they resort to personal attacks and emotions.

OP, you're cool with me. You obviously know your stuff unlike these others who voted for Obama just because he's black while knowing nothing about the issues...only pretending to know.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Opulence View Post
    Funny how the people who have talked down on the OP have said nothing to disprove any of what he said, all they've done is call names and voice their disagreement. Btw, disagreeing with someone doesn't mean that they are incorrect. But that's typical of liberals...unable to refute an argument, so they resort to personal attacks and emotions.

OP, you're cool with me. You obviously know your stuff unlike these others who voted for Obama just because he's black while knowing nothing about the issues...only pretending to know.
    Read peoples' responses again; there is plenty of rebuttal. Remy is concerned about the humanitarian efforts and Sean and Handandsom make points about looking in your own back yard before cleaning up your neighbours. All valid points that contribute to the debate. You however, add nothing to the debate making your post some what hypocritical but I'm sure you knew this already.

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    Quote Originally Posted by seanchai View Post
    Why does America have to help out other people when they can't even help out their own? ... and even if you think they do, who gets to pick and choose which?

Your "worst" option, as unfortunate as it seems on a personal level, may just be the "best" option.
    Well I reckon America doesn't have to, but we tried to stay out of WWII in part because we were recovering from the Great Depression, and we ended up in it anyway. Better to have the upper hand in destroying the chemical weapons by coming in on our own accord opposed to after we are attacked on our own soil by Al Qaeda with chemical weapons.

Lets not forget, that Syria is also preventing doctors and UN from coming into the country to help civilians and when they do it's to very select locations for extremely limited amount of time.

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    I will admit, that military action probably isn't the best thing for our country financially and for the long term prospects of Syria. I don't know what should be done, but something of some sort should be done.

I think it's very foolish to think that nobody cared about any president until Obama just because you didn't vote for him. You both sound foolish based off what you have actually said, and you are judging the entire forum for what you "think" their beliefs are.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 2/0
    its crazy Obama talks about helping Syria, but yet I never heard him or his administration speak about helping the 2 million refuges.