Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 100/0
    Given: 0/0
    Quote Originally Posted by Handandsom View Post
    No! you would still be picking cotton
    Black people's plight in this country and a few others, will never compare to the LGBT communities issues.
    Dont know if this post is sarcastic but I really hope you didnt compare what AA went through vs LGBT community.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Quote Originally Posted by werwt22 View Post
    Dont know if this post is sarcastic but I really hope you didnt compare what AA went through vs LGBT community.
    No one said it was exactly the same but all civil rights are comparable

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by tsamberskyi View Post
    No one said it was exactly the same but all civil rights are comparable
    Blacks were looked at as less than nothing. Killed for trying to learn to read or looking at a white person the wrong way was only a small fraction of the idiotic reasons they were killed. The only thing on the same level was the holocaust. Not saying there arent terrible stories here also, but it's definitely not on that scale.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

who gives a fuck

My family, mom and friends know about my affiliation and like of transexuals. It's all good, even introduced one to my mother before It's all in how you carry yourself in the situation.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Blacks were looked at as less than nothing. Killed for trying to learn to redor looking at a white person the wrong way was only a small fraction of the idiotic reasons they were killed. The only thing on the same level was the holocaust. Not saying there arent terrible stories here also, but it's definitely not on that scale.
    AGAIN, no one said the atrocities were on the same scale but the struggle for rights and equality are the same.
    It is beyond disappointing that a group who knows the struggle can't empathize.

Thumbs Up/Down
    AGAIN, no one said the atrocities were on the same scale but the struggle for rights and equality are the same.
    sorry if i came off apathetic, but it was just my personal view that slavery and the holocaust were much more than a struggle for equality. I feel you though.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/1
    Given: 3/1
    No sarcasm there. All truth.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Remy M View Post
    I didn't say anything about lgbt civil rights issues being worse than black civil rights issue, so what exactly are you talking about? Are you saying the only civil rights issues that matter are black?
    Nope. What I'm saying is a little beyond what MLK did when he lump summed all of black America's plight into the coined phrase "civil rights". But maybe you will or have seen how this has come back to bite all of America...... but listen that is a saga for another site. Simply put black people's trials and tribulations in this country that are still on going today can't be compared to the LGBT communities on any level . I want to say for the same reason as it cannot be compared to the Holocaust I believe someone mentions that.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Not the same struggle sis which means there is no understanding. But I am curious to know your version of "the struggle"

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Handandsom View Post
    Nope. What I'm saying is a little beyond what MLK did when he lump summed all of black America's plight into the coined phrase "civil rights". But maybe you will or have seen how this has come back to bite all of America...... but listen that is a saga for another site. Simply put black people's trials and tribulations in this country that are still on going today can't be compared to the LGBT communities on any level . I want to say for the same reason as it cannot be compared to the Holocaust I believe someone mentions that.
    *EDITED* I'm not even gonna try to argue on this one. Need more cheerful stories for Christmas