no left coast luv 4 me, missing crazy tgirl luck or not
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0
    Given: 2/0

defense attorney: transgender victim's life is not worthy

Thank god this coward got what he deserves but they could make some cell space available to his scumbag lawyer too http://iacknowledge.net/defense-atto...t-as-valuable/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by observing its prisoners." Dostevsky said that... after doin' a little time.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0
    I saw this on nypost website.it was nice to see that the majority of the comments were supportive.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Given: 1/1
    I commend the Judge for disagreeing with the defense attorney's method of minimizing the value of this young transgendered woman. The audacity of some people!!!! I also commend the author of this story for acknowledging the victim as being a WOMAN. How many times have we read horror stories like these and the author always classifies the m2f transgendered person as a man.

29 years is too lax of a sentence for this dumb ass! RIP! (Rott In Prison!)

Thumbs Up/Down
    And the attorney sinks even lower in this reply

Scarpa has defended his remarks; in an interview with Gothamist, he said he was referring not to Gonzalez-Andujar's being transgender, but her alleged history as a prostitute and drug user. But he also insisted on referring to Gonzalez-Andujar as "he," telling the bilog, "He himself was guilty of attempted murder. I thought it was loathsome for the judge to say this was a good person."

"The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by observing its prisoners." Dostevsky said that... after doin' a little time.

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    Yeah, the picture is clear, the lawyer and the criminal are both douche bags. lol

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Quote Originally Posted by btglover View Post
    Thank god this coward got what he deserves but they could make some cell space available to his scumbag lawyer too http://iacknowledge.net/defense-atto...t-as-valuable/
    I don't agree with him but playing the devils advocate here...he was doing his job!

Defense attorneys are paid to get their clients off the hook...just loom at george Zimmerman attorney's

YOLO

Thumbs Up/Down
    Naw I call b.s. the judge already past the sentence the dickwad attorney had no hand to play at that point. As if belittling another humans life is gonna get the judge to suddenly go....mmmm know ur right lemme chop off a couple of years. It wasnt remotely professional and showed a serious lack of ethics

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    Quote Originally Posted by btglover View Post
    Naw I call b.s. the judge already past the sentence the dickwad attorney had no hand to play at that point. As if belittling another humans life is gonna get the judge to suddenly go....mmmm know ur right lemme chop off a couple of years. It wasnt remotely professional and showed a serious lack of ethics
    Very much so! Glad someone has some common sense.