Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Remy M View Post
    I have a thing about not liking to do what everyone else is doing.
    I had a theory that Brooklyn was actually a clone of me... but it looks like I'm just a clone of you!! Noooo!!!!

In any case I don't usually have much problems with downloads, torrents or otherwise. Like when I got all five movies for the Battles Without Honor and Humanity series. That was time well spent... I should get those again now that I think about it, no other movie suits my Yakuza needs the way those do.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I shall now place one more soul to rest.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Yes, I agree, the popularity has been an itching feeling in my side. I have a thing about not liking to do what everyone else is doing. For a while, mainly last couple years, password files were a big problem, but I eventually found a few different posters that rarely if ever use passwords, and I just f5 their pages to keep updated with media. Mostly it's just the subs that are protected. I never try to get those passwords, and would advise not to bother either, those surveys and such are suspect. Movies have been hit or miss at times, with the gluttony of German releases spewing out. Had a hard time finding the Human Centipede, but eventually did *gross* The R5's continue to come in at a decent pace though, which movies are hit and miss. I have resigned myself to waiting for the DVD retail release and then grabbing those.

I do tv series collection as well, and I can usually get away with only 1-2 episodes having the hard-codes. What I despise most, is missing an episode out of a whole series, so I take the hard-codes as the lesser of two evils, especially if it'll complete the series so I can burn off to a disc for archives.

I'm all for shemes.com freeware Grabit, and binsearch.info combo of tools. Only problem with that setup is that finding comics can be a little more difficult than any other media type.

----------------
    Now playing: Slipknot - The Heretic Anthem
    via FoxyTunes
    Lol it seems you do use most of the tools I do but I PM'd you some info anyway :P Yeah I never try and complete the surveys and binsearch is getting pretty good at picking them up anyway. If I am still unsure I will download the first Rar file and open it to see if I can see all the way through to the avi before downloading. I still tend to shy away from the hardcodes unless the language has a different syntax. With any letter structure I understand I still find myself trying to read the subtitles! ha

All I know is I am continuing to fill up hard drive after hard drive thanks to usenet!

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler View Post
    I had a theory that Brooklyn was actually a clone of me... but it looks like I'm just a clone of you!! Noooo!!!!

In any case I don't usually have much problems with downloads, torrents or otherwise. Like when I got all five movies for the Battles Without Honor and Humanity series. That was time well spent... I should get those again now that I think about it, no other movie suits my Yakuza needs the way those do.
    *nods* Understandable, if it works for you not knocking it. Haven't seen any Yakuza related media lately, is that a good one?

----------------
    Now playing: Slipknot - New Abortion
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Yeah, I mean, it pretty much has to y'know? But the reality of it is, I would rather have a hard copy of a movie than a downloaded one y'know? Just for the sake of collecting. Like when I used to buy manga instead of just reading it online.

I saw a copy of The Last Dragon real cheap in a rite-aid before. Should've grabbed that.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by thepiedpiper View Post
    Lol it seems you do use most of the tools I do but I PM'd you some info anyway :P Yeah I never try and complete the surveys and binsearch is getting pretty good at picking them up anyway. If I am still unsure I will download the first Rar file and open it to see if I can see all the way through to the avi before downloading. I still tend to shy away from the hardcodes unless the language has a different syntax. With any letter structure I understand I still find myself trying to read the subtitles! ha

All I know is I am continuing to fill up hard drive after hard drive thanks to usenet!
    Indeed! I need to do a massive burn off to dvds to free up a couple hard drives. *ahem* for archive purposes not distribution.

----------------
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by thepiedpiper View Post
    On a side note I would also recommend Elektra Luxx which, is the sequel to Women in Trouble - both films are directed by an up and coming director Sebastian Gutierrez. Although both have low-ish ratings on IMDB the director seems to have a gift when it comes to writing dialogue. The dialogue alone makes both films worth a watch.
    Sorry, but movie recommendations I like to talk about here

I actually have Elektra Luxx, but had not actually viewed yet. Downloaded on a whim without knowing what it was about, so now I need to find the first before I can watch Elektra Luxx in good conscious

----------------
    Now playing: 30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Indeed! I need to do a massive burn off to dvds to free up a couple hard drives. *ahem* for archive purposes not distribution.

----------------
    via FoxyTunes
    I need a DVD burner now that I think about it. CD-Rs aren't cutting it when it comes to large movies.

Damn I'm smooth.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Yeah, I mean, it pretty much has to y'know? But the reality of it is, I would rather have a hard copy of a movie than a downloaded one y'know? Just for the sake of collecting. Like when I used to buy manga instead of just reading it online.

I saw a copy of The Last Dragon real cheap in a rite-aid before. Should've grabbed that.
    Yes sir! I am a cinema fanatic, so I have good archive collection, but do still maintain a separate collection of retail dvds that are special to me. One outnumbers the other due to liking digital media like avi, as it's future proof to changing media formats. DvD are going out the door, like laser disc and eventually same with Blu Ray. Having the archived files allows to maintain collection without repurchases.

----------------
    Now playing: Bush - Mouth
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    That's very true. Most of time I forget about those big ass CD's. Kind of like one forgets about 8 tracks and cassette tapes but then remembers fondly in a fit of random nostalgia.

Oh, I completely missed your question about Yakuza related media. Good thing I scrolled down. But to answer your questions yes. Jingi Naki Tatakai or Battles Without Honor and Humanity is without a doubt some of the finest set of Yakuza films one can find. They were made during the 70's and start out in Post World War II Japan when shit was really bad. It's raw and gritty. And while I'm no Yakuza I think it captures the worse side of the groups, betrayal, greed and a total lack of honor. All of these things fading away with the passing of time into a new era where the only thing one honors is money and not his brothers. I can go on like this for some time so I'll stop here. >_> Except to say that the 1st two movies Battles Without Honor and Humanity and Deadly Fight in Hiroshima are my favorites.

Another Yakuza film I watch often is Brother, which is an East meets West styled film. Probably my first real look into the Yakuza culture.

Thumbs Up/Down
    That's very true. Most of time I forget about those big ass CD's. Kind of like one forgets about 8 tracks and cassette tapes but then remembers fondly in a fit of random nostalgia.
    Yeah, we only had like 5 movies on the Laser Disc format lol. Had a massive vhs collection which is funny to think about now.

Oh, I completely missed your question about Yakuza related media. Good thing I scrolled down. But to answer your questions yes. Jingi Naki Tatakai or Battles Without Honor and Humanity is without a doubt some of the finest set of Yakuza films one can find. They were made during the 70's and start out in Post World War II Japan when shit was really bad. It's raw and gritty. And while I'm no Yakuza I think it captures the worse side of the groups, betrayal, greed and a total lack of honor. All of these things fading away with the passing of time into a new era where the only thing one honors is money and not his brothers. I can go on like this for some time so I'll stop here. >_> Except to say that the 1st two movies Battles Without Honor and Humanity and Deadly Fight in Hiroshima are my favorites.

Another Yakuza film I watch often is Brother, which is an East meets West styled film. Probably my first real look into the Yakuza culture.
    Thanks for the movie selections, will work on trying to check them out. My far east movie collection has mainly consisted of horror and martial arts genres.

----------------
    Now playing: Bush - Space Travel
    via FoxyTunes