Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0
    Any walking dead heads in here? Care to discuss what's been going on this season?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    YOLO

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    Quote Originally Posted by raheme View Post
    Any walking dead heads in here? Care to discuss what's been going on this season?
    I like the show. I tend to wish the show stuck more to the comics, especially now that they are doing a Walking Dead spin off show with a new and different group of survivors. Regardless, it does afford me the chance to be surprised each episode.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Remy M View Post
    I like the show. I tend to wish the show stuck more to the comics, especially now that they are doing a Walking Dead spin off show with a new and different group of survivors. Regardless, it does afford me the chance to be surprised each episode.
    Wait...hold up...what???

A walking dead spin off? You serious?

And I kinda like the fact that they deviate from the comics...I wouldn't be as engaged in the show because I already know what happens in the comics.

YOLO

Thumbs Up/Down
    Wait...hold up...what???

A walking dead spin off? You serious?

And I kinda like the fact that they deviate from the comics...I wouldn't be as engaged in the show because I already know what happens in the comics.
    lol we represent the two different camps. I feel, not just The Walking Dead, but all comics that are adapted to movie format should retain the comic book flow completely as it is the perfect storyboard. I just want to see those stories in live action form. Every single X-Men movie and don't get me wrong I'm a die hard X books fan, but they are so far from anything close to the comics that the movies just seem like rubbish. The only thing they do get right is the various mutants powers, and in the case of the horrible X3: The Last Stand they didn't even get the powers right with the various villains/heroes. Characters ages are drastically off, like Iceman, Rogue (Mystique adopted daughter), Mystique, who is nearly the same age as Wolverine (hundreds of years old) but played as a fucking teenager in the new X movies. I just want to see the same great stories told in live action form, just like any other book adaptation.

To date, Sin City is the only comic (graphic novel) to movie adaptation that is literally panel to panel exactly the same, and it was awesome!!! I give extreme thanks to the awesome Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino, and Frank Miller.

About the Spin Off, yep it is coming down the line in 2014, completely new cast of characters, none from the comics. This is Kirkman chance to establish a whole storyline specifically for TV. My hope is that they air it in the off season of Walking Dead that way we can bask in that universe nearly all year round. However; network television are not prone to taking risk, so they will likely do a 'back-door' pilot introducing those characters through the standard Walking Dead show, and/or initially air the spin off on the same night so as to hand hold the viewers over to the new show, and then move the spin off to its own night, but aired all on the same season.

Thumbs Up/Down
    lol we represent the two different camps. I feel, not just The Walking Dead, but all comics that are adapted to movie format should retain the comic book flow completely as it is the perfect storyboard. I just want to see those stories in live action form. Every single X-Men movie and don't get me wrong I'm a die hard X books fan, but they are so far from anything close to the comics that the movies just seem like rubbish. The only thing they do get right is the various mutants powers, and in the case of the horrible X3: The Last Stand they didn't even get the powers right with the various villains/heroes. Characters ages are drastically off, like Iceman, Rogue (Mystique adopted daughter), Mystique, who is nearly the same age as Wolverine (hundreds of years old) but played as a fucking teenager in the new X movies. I just want to see the same great stories told in live action form, just like any other book adaptation.

To date, Sin City is the only comic (graphic novel) to movie adaptation that is literally panel to panel exactly the same, and it was awesome!!! I give extreme thanks to the awesome Robert Rodriguez, Quentin Tarantino, and Frank Miller.

About the Spin Off, yep it is coming down the line in 2014, completely new cast of characters, none from the comics. This is Kirkman chance to establish a whole storyline specifically for TV. My hope is that they air it in the off season of Walking Dead that way we can bask in that universe nearly all year round. However; network television are not prone to taking risk, so they will likely do a 'back-door' pilot introducing those characters through the standard Walking Dead show, and/or initially air the spin off on the same night so as to hand hold the viewers over to the new show, and then move the spin off to its own night, but aired all on the same season.
    I've all but given up on the hopes that they'd make a superhero flick that sticks to the comic book storyline. I know when I worked in the industry the saying or thinking went comic book storylines usually don't carry well with audiences because there are so many factors (alternate universes, character recons, conflicting origin stories, etc.)

As far as the walking dead spin off, I hope they don't do it in the summer. My summers are usually reserved for falling skies. I have a perfect winter/summer, zombie/alien thing going here lol

But I'm a geek and I live for all things post apocolyptic zombie/alien!!!

YOLO

Thumbs Up/Down
    I've all but given up on the hopes that they'd make a superhero flick that sticks to the comic book storyline. I know when I worked in the industry the saying or thinking went comic book storylines usually don't carry well with audiences because there are so many factors (alternate universes, character recons, conflicting origin stories, etc.)

As far as the walking dead spin off, I hope they don't do it in the summer. My summers are usually reserved for falling skies. I have a perfect winter/summer, zombie/alien thing going here lol

But I'm a geek and I live for all things post apocolyptic zombie/alien!!!

I've been following Falling Skies myself and looking forward to what the 4th season brings. With the aliens able to infiltrate the humans so easily you'd think the humans to be on a losing side of this war for certain. Their persistence is awesome though and I found the teaming up with turned out to be a highly questionable ally to be a great twist. It should have been obvious but I really didn't see the alien ally (can't remember what they are called) essentially wanting humans herded off to concentration camps so the war could be fought between the two alien races.

I think this season of Walking Dead has really been superb. There is a lot a person will miss by only half ass watching this show. There is a lot of subtly of character that goes on that sometimes requires a rewind or all out second viewing to truly appreciate. This is a zombie apocalypse but the character drama that is at play really reigns supreme. When characters make decisions on this show, it feels like a real aspect of the human condition that the decision is coming from and not just some ploy by the writers to move the plot along in a certain direction. Shows like The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, and Revolution are notorious for using such ploys, but I'm a sucker for genre tv and the shows do have some redeeming qualities. lol

The opening scene of Walking Dead from last week episode of the roadkill zombie being eaten by the pack of dogs, said so much to me. It also, in my mind, harken back to the first season of the mother zombie crawling across the lawn. For her story you have to watch the Walking Dead webisodes which gives fantastic backstory on some of the iconic zombies from the seasons and just serves to show the circumstances that led to a particular person becoming a zombie and appearing in the regular show. You don't get that kind of story detail from most tv shows.

Thumbs Up/Down
    What, they finally brought the Governor back into play! I like how they played up how even a monster of a human being can still be decent enough bloke to the right person. Well, at least until he gets pissed off or decides that the person will serve him better dead lol I can't see him doing a total 180 in the space of one episode when we have had a whole season of him being very vile and evil. This show loves switching things up though so we shall see where things go.

Btw, he ripped the zombie throat out with his bare hands, how awesome was that! lol That was a Chuck Norris, JCVD move right there.

Thumbs Up/Down
    What, they finally brought the Governor back into play! I like how they played up how even a monster of a human being can still be decent enough bloke to the right person. Well, at least until he gets pissed off or decides that the person will serve him better dead lol I can't see him doing a total 180 in the space of one episode when we have had a whole season of him being very vile and evil. This show loves switching things up though so we shall see where things go.

Btw, he ripped the zombie throat out with his bare hands, how awesome was that! lol That was a Chuck Norris, JCVD move right there.
    I think anyone can be redeemed in an apocolypse. The writers are very smart. Think about what they've done, they've taken holy mary a.k.a. carroll and turned her into a stone cold killer with no concious and now they are humanizing the devil a.k.a. the governor almost to a point where we empathize with the dude. I think the reality they are in brings out the best and worst in people. Ethics and morality sort of function on a sliding scale lol.

YOLO

Thumbs Up/Down
    I think anyone can be redeemed in an apocolypse. The writers are very smart. Think about what they've done, they've taken holy mary a.k.a. carroll and turned her into a stone cold killer with no concious and now they are humanizing the devil a.k.a. the governor almost to a point where we empathize with the dude. I think the reality they are in brings out the best and worst in people. Ethics and morality sort of function on a sliding scale lol.
    Well, I do want to point out that, the Governor has always saved people. That's how he came to have a whole town (Woodbury) of 40+ residents safe and sound. The reasons for why person x or y were expendable to him though, are far from being in a comfortable zone of that sliding scale of morality. The scene actually opened with his own men lying dead on the ground, those weren't zombie wounds, so most likely he got rid of the dead weight in the vehicle or someone that offered a differing opinion from his. True, I did kind of almost feel for him a bit, but then watching him blunder about the old folks home reminded me just how much he relied on others to be able to puff up his chest. I will also admit that I am biased, having read the comics, and his own Special issue devoted to him, so I've seen even worse out of him than what has been portrayed on screen thus far.

Now Carol, from the comics is a fucking nutter that never comes close to being as awesome as her tv show counterpart. So I was initially thrilled to see her coming from the rubble of a domestic violence victim to a strong woman teaching others how to fend for themselves, and putting herself at risk for the sake of others (although that was totally not necessary and perhaps a bit of the nutter shining through lol). I did not agree with her killing two innocents to try and save the many argument. They were already quarantined, every one that was getting sick were already sick and just hadn't shown the symptoms yet. At the end of the day, I wouldn't trust her by herself with my kids (speaking from Rick position). She might see the kids as slowing her down and toss them to the zombies like Shane did. Her argument really was not valid anyway because she only killed the people she didn't know that were new to the group. When the little girl she had been teaching came ill, you think Carol was still thinking about saving the group, nope. And how dare she knock over all that perfectly good potable water!!! lol After she just risked her life to try and fix that damn hose too.

I do think Carol, overall was an asset to the group and her character now, is more than primed to survive out there. If I ever got injured or sick I would sleep with one eye open around Carol though lol I also think she may end up with the Governor some how. She is simply too good of a character to just toss to the wind like they have, or perhaps she may end up on that spin off show, though they said it would be entirely new cast, they could surprise us. Of course, what has always made the Walking Dead so great is that any and everyone can die in this world, there is no special halo protecting anyone, well except perhaps Rick and his son, and in their own ways they die over and over again emotionally, spiritually through the course of the comics.

At the end of the day it is clearly hard for me to disassociate the comic from tv show. I feel they are traveling to the same destination and just make some detours here and there.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Well, I do want to point out that, the Governor has always saved people. That's how he came to have a whole town (Woodbury) of 40+ residents safe and sound. The reasons for why person x or y were expendable to him though, are far from being in a comfortable zone of that sliding scale of morality. The scene actually opened with his own men lying dead on the ground, those weren't zombie wounds, so most likely he got rid of the dead weight in the vehicle or someone that offered a differing opinion from his. True, I did kind of almost feel for him a bit, but then watching him blunder about the old folks home reminded me just how much he relied on others to be able to puff up his chest. I will also admit that I am biased, having read the comics, and his own Special issue devoted to him, so I've seen even worse out of him than what has been portrayed on screen thus far.

Now Carol, from the comics is a fucking nutter that never comes close to being as awesome as her tv show counterpart. So I was initially thrilled to see her coming from the rubble of a domestic violence victim to a strong woman teaching others how to fend for themselves, and putting herself at risk for the sake of others (although that was totally not necessary and perhaps a bit of the nutter shining through lol). I did not agree with her killing two innocents to try and save the many argument. They were already quarantined, every one that was getting sick were already sick and just hadn't shown the symptoms yet. At the end of the day, I wouldn't trust her by herself with my kids (speaking from Rick position). She might see the kids as slowing her down and toss them to the zombies like Shane did. Her argument really was not valid anyway because she only killed the people she didn't know that were new to the group. When the little girl she had been teaching came ill, you think Carol was still thinking about saving the group, nope. And how dare she knock over all that perfectly good potable water!!! lol After she just risked her life to try and fix that damn hose too.

I do think Carol, overall was an asset to the group and her character now, is more than primed to survive out there. If I ever got injured or sick I would sleep with one eye open around Carol though lol I also think she may end up with the Governor some how. She is simply too good of a character to just toss to the wind like they have, or perhaps she may end up on that spin off show, though they said it would be entirely new cast, they could surprise us. Of course, what has always made the Walking Dead so great is that any and everyone can die in this world, there is no special halo protecting anyone, well except perhaps Rick and his son, and in their own ways they die over and over again emotionally, spiritually through the course of the comics.

At the end of the day it is clearly hard for me to disassociate the comic from tv show. I feel they are traveling to the same destination and just make some detours here and there.
    Seems like you were right Remy lol

YOLO