Now playing: System Of A Down - Holy Mountains
    via FoxyTunes

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0

British Horror Show - The Fades

Wow, I downloaded this show on a whim and am suitably blown away by the excellent show The Fades. If you can find it, I absolutely recommend watching it. Hard to describe it, but it's sort of like an episodic version of The Pulse, but don't allow that movie to color your viewing of The Fades as it's much better. With only two episodes aired so far, of which I've only watched the the first, saving the second episode for late night to boost the creepy factor, I'm hooked already!

----------------
    Now playing: Deftones - Hexagram
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Given: 1/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Remy M View Post
    Wow, I downloaded this show on a whim and am suitably blown away by the excellent show The Fades. If you can find it, I absolutely recommend watching it. Hard to describe it, but it's sort of like an episodic version of The Pulse, but don't allow that movie to color your viewing of The Fades as it's much better. With only two episodes aired so far, of which I've only watched the the first, saving the second episode for late night to boost the creepy factor, I'm hooked already!

----------------
    Now playing: Deftones - Hexagram
    via FoxyTunes
    Shut up you!

Thumbs Up/Down

Tucker & Dale Vs Evil

This is an excellent horror/comedy movie called Tucker & Dale Vs Evil and puts a much needed twist on the typical Hillbilly vs college students horror sub genre. I've had the movie for a couple months now, but still enjoy putting it on for friends that come over. Lots of laughs and lots of gory deaths to rival that of the Final Destination series. If you are heading to the theaters this is one that will be well worth your money!

----------------
    Now playing: Professional Murder Music - A Night Like This
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down

Cosmic

Talked to our mutual friend so I know you are still out there lurking somewhere in that great City lol Come on back to the forum and say hello mate, you aren't too busy for us

----------------
    Now playing: Pixies - Tony's Theme
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down

iPhone 4s

Anyone going to be making the upgrade to the new iPhone 4S? I was really hoping for something 'more' from Apple opposed to this incremental change on the hardware side. However I've been sitting back with the iPhone 3GS for some time now so I might as well take advantage of my Upgrade discount and make the move to the newest setup. I'm mostly happy for the software upgrade of iOS 5 though which should make some much needed improvements.

----------------
    Now playing: Pixies - I'm Amazed
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0
    Anyone going to be making the upgrade to the new iPhone 4S? I was really hoping for something 'more' from Apple opposed to this incremental change on the hardware side. However I've been sitting back with the iPhone 3GS for some time now so I might as well take advantage of my Upgrade discount and make the move to the newest setup. I'm mostly happy for the software upgrade of iOS 5 though which should make some much needed improvements.
    yea that Siri voice command system shit looks pretty fuckin cool.....an you cant beat the full 1080P HD recording wit 8mp cam upgrade that its gonna have, so yea most likely i'll be copping it!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by kasseen View Post
    yea that Siri voice command system shit looks pretty fuckin cool.....an you cant beat the full 1080P HD recording wit 8mp cam upgrade that its gonna have, so yea most likely i'll be copping it!
    As much as I'd like to hold out for the inevitable iPhone 5 that will likely launch at the more usual Spring time, I'm currently on the iPhone 3GS so this upgrade now will still be worthwhile. Plus, I totally want 64Gb of space and the upgraded processor should be a treat. Being a DSLR shooter, I care not for the cameras on cell phones, will never be a make or break feature for me. I will admit, Siri does look fairly awesome as well.

----------------
    Now playing: Pixies - Isla de Encanta
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0
    As much as I'd like to hold out for the inevitable iPhone 5 that will likely launch at the more usual Spring time, I'm currently on the iPhone 3GS so this upgrade now will still be worthwhile. Plus, I totally want 64Gb of space and the upgraded processor should be a treat. Being a DSLR shooter, I care not for the cameras on cell phones, will never be a make or break feature for me. I will admit, Siri does look fairly awesome as well.
    yea, it waz real disappointing to see that this upgrade not going to be the inevitable iphone 5..... there doing the same thing with the next ipad which aint even gonna be the Ipad 3 like everybody thought, but The Ipad HD which is gonna be preety much exactly the same as the ipad 2 but with better screen resolution....
    its like apple is just trying to stay consistent with releasing new products along with there new ios firmware updates, jus so they can always have new products on the market at all times of the year. Which it almost feels like there watering down their new tech just so they'll still always have a new attraction to incorporate in there next generation devices....

I think its a smart business practice, but for true techies its Bullshit....
    so on that note i just might wait for the Iphone 5 or Ipad 3 to come out instead

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by kasseen View Post
    yea, it waz real disappointing to see that this upgrade not going to be the inevitable iphone 5..... there doing the same thing with the next ipad which aint even gonna be the Ipad 3 like everybody thought, but The Ipad HD which is gonna be preety much exactly the same as the ipad 2 but with better screen resolution....
    its like apple is just trying to stay consistent with releasing new products along with there new ios firmware updates, jus so they can always have new products on the market at all times of the year. Which it almost feels like there watering down their new tech just so they'll still always have a new attraction to incorporate in there next generation devices....

I think its a smart business practice, but for true techies its Bullshit....
    so on that note i just might wait for the Iphone 5 or Ipad 3 to come out instead
    I agree with what you said, though I read an article stating basically that their formula of releasing new hardware (3G, 4G) and half new hardware (3GS, 4S) is based off the 2 year contract scheme of the carriers. People aren't likely to upgrade to new tech if it means breaking the contract, so they do the incremental update for anyone who hasn't adopted Apple yet and then the full update in time for the early adopters contract to be up for renewal. So, to me it does seem like a mix of all that has been stated on the subject.

I've yet to be impressed by the iPad. It still seems just like a bigger iPhone/iPod and thus no need for me to buy just for the bigger screen. I've been dying a little on the inside with the glut of tablets that has been released thus far. In that, I've wanted to jump up and run out and buy one of these Android tablets for some time now, but they are just now starting to have features that I actually want. USB ports/hosting for instance, and mostly they've barely been getting this right. I fail to see what the big deal is.

I want a tablet for productivity in my workplace/on sets. Not to sit around playing games, twatting (twitter), or facebitch (book). lol I want to be able to pull up my images from my camera and review on a bigger/portable screen, I use DSLR so it's Compact Flash not SD. I wouldn't even mind first putting images on laptop and then onto usb to view on tablet. They just keep dumbing down these awesome tablets to be casual consumer experiences instead of focusing on the awesome business potentials. At this rate, Microsoft will have the ultimate tablet I want, but I'm still holding out for Android as I really do like what they've been coming out with, just can't justify the price when I still can't use it practically on set.

----------------
    Now playing: Pixies - Where is my Mind
    via FoxyTunes