Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 21/13
    Given: 0/0

Cool

To suppose that this vile attack didn't involve "hate" is utterly deluded...

I understand there are various gender/racial/religious doctrines competing in our brains and souls for what may or may not constitute a "hate crime", but how anyone can be so gullible and so susceptible to fashionable dogma as to "explain" this crime without reference to "hate" is quite alarming to me!

In this particular case the 2 fascist trolls who attacked would have to have carved the words:"I HATE TS/WHITE GIRLS" (delete as appropriate) in order to be charged with "hate crime".

(If human political/racial categorizations of all those involved had been reversed one may ponder if a charge of "hate crime" may have been more forthcoming?)

The very term itself - "hate crime" - is dripping with Orwellian connotations!

As someone once said:

When Fascism comes back...... it will be in the guise of Anti-Fascism.

Hail Satan,

SHAUN

aka blue eyed devil

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAUN View Post
    To suppose that this vile attack didn't involve "hate" is utterly deluded...

I understand there are various gender/racial/religious doctrines competing in our brains and souls for what may or may not constitute a "hate crime", but how anyone can be so gullible and so susceptible to fashionable dogma as to "explain" this crime without reference to "hate" is quite alarming to me!

In this particular case the 2 fascist trolls who attacked would have to have carved the words:"I HATE TS/WHITE GIRLS" (delete as appropriate) in order to be charged with "hate crime".

(If human political/racial categorizations of all those involved had been reversed one may ponder if a charge of "hate crime" may have been more forthcoming?)

The very term itself - "hate crime" - is dripping with Orwellian connotations!

As someone once said:

When Fascism comes back...... it will be in the guise of Anti-Fascism.

Hail Satan,

SHAUN

aka blue eyed devil

I went back and watched, both the cell phone and surveillance footage, and Ms Polis news interview again. I thought perhaps time had fogged my memory of the stated events, but I still stand by my original statement.

I don't consider every single crime against someone in the LGBT/Black community to be one inspired specifically by 'hate'. Sometimes a beat down is just fueled by stupidity and bad judgements. The courts saw fit to charge this girl with a 'hate crime' so I wont debate the merits further, but the courts do have a history of not making the right decisions too. A 'hate crime' is a particularly vile element to have on ones record, and I feel it should be used in appropriate instances. I want to be clear, that I'm not defending these two girls and their actions in the least. Simply, based on the victims interview, I didn't see this as being inspired by 'hate' against her being a trans person. Society wants to charge every person that shall dare lay a finger on a trans person as a 'hate crime' more power to them, as it will certainly help in protecting the girls in general.

----------------
    Now playing: The Project Hate - Symphony of the Deceived
    via FoxyTunes

Thumbs Up/Down
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Remy M View Post
    I went back and watched, both the cell phone and surveillance footage, and Ms Polis news interview again. I thought perhaps time had fogged my memory of the stated events, but I still stand by my original statement.

I don't consider every single crime against someone in the LGBT/Black community to be one inspired specifically by 'hate'. Sometimes a beat down is just fueled by stupidity and bad judgements. The courts saw fit to charge this girl with a 'hate crime' so I wont debate the merits further, but the courts do have a history of not making the right decisions too. A 'hate crime' is a particularly vile element to have on ones record, and I feel it should be used in appropriate instances. I want to be clear, that I'm not defending these two girls and their actions in the least. Simply, based on the victims interview, I didn't see this as being inspired by 'hate' against her being a trans person. Society wants to charge every person that shall dare lay a finger on a trans person as a 'hate crime' more power to them, as it will certainly help in protecting the girls in general.

----------------
    Now playing: The Project Hate - Symphony of the Deceived
    via FoxyTunes
    Spontaneous beat-downs usually involve large amounts of stupidity and bad judgement........ But they almost always involve HATE, even if the "hate" in question is "merely" the tranposition of the aggressors feelings towards their parent(s) or society taken out and unleashed against someone who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (and perhaps also the wrong colour/gender/religion etc).

The blind commitment to such fascistic ultra-violence as witnessed in that film cannot occur without an element of hate (however sub-consciously) as well as, I grant you, large doses of stupidity and bad judgement.

Howsoever this attack was "inspired" (e.g. "hitting on" someone else boyfriend) it was blatantly obvious that the 2 attackers were fuelled by HATE of one kind or another....

SHAUN x

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 87/6
    Quote Originally Posted by t3h EMMA View Post
    That's how I had come to understand it after watching an interview video of the Transgirl in question telling her side. Why I thought the the alleged hate crime charges were actually quite ridiculous, as from how I understand it, she just happened to be trans and her assailants didn't seem to realize she was.

Methinks I've not been to this area of Brooklyn.
    Well Cutie,after viewing your photo shoot I would luv to give you a personal tour. you have a unique sense of style are you a Bottom?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Spontaneous beat-downs usually involve large amounts of stupidity and bad judgement........ But they almost always involve HATE, even if the "hate" in question is "merely" the tranposition of the aggressors feelings towards their parent(s) or society taken out and unleashed against someone who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (and perhaps also the wrong colour/gender/religion etc).

The blind commitment to such fascistic ultra-violence as witnessed in that film cannot occur without an element of hate (however sub-consciously) as well as, I grant you, large doses of stupidity and bad judgement.

Howsoever this attack was "inspired" (e.g. "hitting on" someone else boyfriend) it was blatantly obvious that the 2 attackers were fuelled by HATE of one kind or another....

SHAUN x
    Only too true, but I'd say it's a different hate; they beat her up for (their perception of) what she was doing, not what she is, the latter fitting the legal definition of a hate crime. It's like how the word "diet" doesn't always apply to the regulation of one's eating habits, but can also refer to those eating habits in general (i.e.: the high-carb diets within Asian cultures), or how the phrase "having an attitude" always refers to having a bad attitude, even though when taken literally, it would have not computed for being far too vague.

Quote Originally Posted by andwar View Post
    Well Cutie,after viewing your photo shoot I would luv to give you a personal tour. you have a unique sense of style are you a Bottom?
    Had you caught me before my move to southern Oregon, I'd have been all for it.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 87/6
    Only too true, but I'd say it's a different hate; they beat her up for (their perception of) what she was doing, not what she is, the latter fitting the legal definition of a hate crime. It's like how the word "diet" doesn't always apply to the regulation of one's eating habits, but can also refer to those eating habits in general (i.e.: the high-carb diets within Asian cultures), or how the phrase "having an attitude" always refers to having a bad attitude, even though when taken literally, it would have not computed for being far too vague.

Had you caught me before my move to southern Oregon, I'd have been all for it.
    this is a convo for PM so I can really tell you what I'd like to do to you sexy

Thick, Creamy and Tasty Tgirl!
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/1
    Wow ,Five yrs to think of a dumb decision again Wow

Thumbs Up/Down
    I understand the distinction and appreciate the way you explained it..... but it seems coldly legalistic to me.... Comparing the nature of people who can stomp on a vulnerable person to within an inch of their life for what they allegedly did ("hitting on" their partner) as opposed to what they are (ts/female/white/black/muslim etc) seems to me like comparing one type of shit to another type of shit?

I spose I was never meant to be a lawyer lol

SHAUN x

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    I understand the distinction and appreciate the way you explained it..... but it seems coldly legalistic to me.... Comparing the nature of people who can stomp on a vulnerable person to within an inch of their life for what they allegedly did ("hitting on" their partner) as opposed to what they are (ts/female/white/black/muslim etc) seems to me like comparing one type of shit to another type of shit?

I spose I was never meant to be a lawyer lol

SHAUN x
    Very sound argument, actually. Kinda makes one ponder whether the law should be little to no more than "if you're wantonly kicking someone's ass for any reason other than to defend others, yourself, your property, etc, you may be fucked."

Thumbs Up/Down

Wink

Very sound argument, actually. Kinda makes one ponder whether the law should be little to no more than "if you're wantonly kicking someone's ass for any reason other than to defend others, yourself, your property, etc, you may be fucked."
    lol, yep, that about wraps it up for me...

(I wasn't trying to sound like I was picking you and Remy's arguments apart piece by piece; it's clear that the conclusions you both come to, whether anyone else agrees with them or not, are considered and thought about before their expression.... My concerns are with the zombies lol)

SHAUN x