PDA

View Full Version : Please test this video for us ...

GroobySteven
10-27-2009, 03:36 PM
We're working on some streaming options for the site - so please give your feedback on the tests below ... this is a full free clip so enjoy.

While downloading the video and playing from your own harddrive will aways give better results, some people would rather stream.

320x240 Streaming (http://grooby.com/videotest/video320.php)

640x480 Streaming (http://grooby.com/videotest/video640.php)

We need to know a few things on each video:
1. How was the quality?
2. How long did it take to buffer and did it stutter after playing?
3. Did Silverlight install and run okay on your machine?
4. Would you like to see this streaming option installed on our websites?

Thanks
seanchai

nycguy
10-27-2009, 03:56 PM
I viewed the medium size file.
1. How was the quality? Quality was as expected, pretty good.

2. How long did it take to buffer and did it stutter after playing? It started immediatly and ran smooth throughout

3. Did Silverlight install and run okay on your machine? Nothing installed on my pc

4. Would you like to see this streaming option installed on our websites? I certainly would!

Handandsom
10-28-2009, 01:34 AM
Watched both, the 320 appeared to take a longer time to buffer. It wasn't an instant start with either file, but of course the 640 file looked better and started a little faster (damn near instant). I ran both files from your test site. I already have an updated cpu so the silverlight didn't load. And not sure if the option is necessary. When i run from my older inferior laptop i don't like the sliverlight option.

tsluvr64
10-28-2009, 03:39 AM
I viewed both as well:

1. How was the quality? the 320's quality seemed less grainy than the higher resolution video (go figure)
2. How long did it take to buffer and did it stutter after playing? Both loaded fairly quickly the smaller version was pretty much instant and the bigger file took maybe 30 seconds longer to buffer. no stuttering
3. Did Silverlight install and run okay on your machine? everything ran perfect
4. Would you like to see this streaming option installed on our websites? hell, yeah!!

DrDickenstein
10-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Viewed both...

1. How was the quality? Good on both, I prefer the larger resolution...

2. How long did it take to buffer and did it stutter after playing? Instant for the 320; 15 - 20 sec for 640. No stuttering...I didn't watch the entire video...did some skipping around on my own, with quick re-buffering and never any slips

3. Did Silverlight install and run okay on your machine? Already installed, immediately came up and began buffering and/or playing

4. Would you like to see this streaming option installed on our websites? Not really, I prefer downloading and viewing local

bigdicki
10-29-2009, 12:43 AM
If it's an option to stream, fine by me but I prefer to download. Silverlight didn't install, but that's probably due to my own computer settings.

anonymoussonny
11-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Reviews...

1. How was the quality?
Both resolution were good viewing, I prefer the smaller resolution (see below)...

2. How long did it take to buffer and did it stutter after playing?
Instantly the 320 played with no glitches; 20 sec buffer time for the for 640. Several stutters...I watched video and noticed buffering on the Higher resolution option.

3. Did Silverlight install and run okay on your machine? I did have Silverlight installed already and I had to remove the previous version and install again to get the player to activate. (Annoying:confused:)

4. Would you like to see this streaming option installed on our websites? Yes I prefer streaming as I like to keep my computer free of any evidence and can erase/unload the temp files folder & history when I exit.

Unisex
11-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Watched both, the 320 appeared to take a longer time to buffer. It wasn't an instant start with either file, but of course the 640 file looked better and started a little faster (damn near instant). I ran both files from your test site. I already have an updated cpu so the silverlight didn't load. And not sure if the option is necessary. When i run from my older inferior laptop i don't like the sliverlight option.

experience co-signed.

ROC
11-07-2009, 06:09 PM
320 X 240 Is Mo Better....... The Other Loads Too Slow...