PDA

View Full Version : Pimpin Ain't Paying - Katt Williams Arrested

peggygee
11-09-2009, 09:28 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/pimpdown-1.jpg

Atlanta, Georgia (CNN) -- Comedian Katt Williams was arrested on burglary and criminal trespass charges in a west Georgia community early Monday, according to police.

A police report said Williams, 38, used a crowbar to force his way into a home in a rural area about six miles west of Newnan, Georgia, late Sunday.

About $3,500 worth of jewelry and collectable coins were stolen, according to the report by the Coweta County, Georgia, Sheriff's Department.

Williams, 38, smiled broadly while posing for a mug shot photo at the Coweta County jail.

His first court appearance is set for 4 p.m. ET Monday, when a magistrate will decide if Williams is eligible for bond, said Deborah Matthews, a Coweta County magistrate court spokeswoman.

Williams' manager declined to comment.

Williams began his career as a stand-up comic, gaining attention in 1999 for comedy club appearances. Television appearances on the BET Network led to more success.

His 2006 HBO special "Katt Williams: Pimp Chronicles Pt.1" raised his profile.

He has acted in several movies, including Eddie Murphy's "Norbit."

His often raunchy style has drawn comparisons to comedy legend Richard Pryor.

His DVD set -- "It's Pimpin' Pimpin'," -- is scheduled for release this Wednesday, according to his Web site.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/09/katt.williams.arrest/t1larg.katt.williams.mug.jpg

:p

DrDickenstein
11-09-2009, 09:38 PM
WTF man? Why?? Publicity stunt...I mean damn, some shit just don't add up. But whatever, keeps life interesting.

DirtySouth
11-09-2009, 10:35 PM
WTF is this dude doing? He's famous man, he cant be doing some shit like that. Coweta county??? Man, thats about 45 minutes away from me in Atlanta. It's mayberry down there.

We have a black president, its time to cut out the dumb shit.

MrKnockOut
11-10-2009, 01:04 AM
When comedians get money they turn bat shit crazy...martin and his plastic jogging suit, eddie and the trannies, dave and his mental issues and now this dumb mofo...thank God Chris Rock seems reasonably sane

TVSURFER
11-10-2009, 03:10 AM
I never did like the guy or his stupid comedy! In my opinion he never paid his dues to rise so high. And this pimpin' shit is so outdated, as you can see, this "phool" had to break in houses to finance his platform shoes and bell bottom pants! Where was his "hoes"? Bernie Mac you left us too soon, you should've been schoolin' to this ignoramous!
:cool:

twowaybro
11-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Put me in the Cosby category. So tired of buffoonery masquerading as comedy. So many of these guys, like the one above, play into the worst of stereotypes. This guy is supposed to be a professional entertainer yet resorts to an act of burglary. Now THAT is a joke. A sad one.

peggygee
11-10-2009, 06:48 AM
I like all the comedians mentioned in the thread, Katt, Rock,
Cosby.

But the Mac-man will always have a special place in my heart.
Old school R rated, or when he did family oriented, he was the
man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RviYo3WsqjU

bigdicki
11-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I like all the comedians mentioned in the thread, Katt, Rock,
Cosby.

But the Mac-man will always have a special place in my heart.
Old school R rated, or when he did family oriented, he was the
man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RviYo3WsqjU

Preach. "I ain't scared of you mufuckas!" :D RIP Mac Man.

DrDickenstein
11-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Preach. "I ain't scared of you mufuckas!" :D RIP Mac Man.

I Third!! One of the all time greatest no doubt...and my personal fav!!! RIP MAC!

Ms Remy M
11-11-2009, 01:22 PM
wow, just saw this thread. I wonder if it isn't a stunt to gain "street status"? Wasn't he getting in good with some rappers, I heard the one song with Game dissing the 'Young Guns' that was funny. I tend to be skeptical when it comes to comedies (tv shows&movies), but all of the above mentioned comedians have put on excellent stand-up comedy programs, catching them live is a great experince, but HBO will suffice.