PDA

View Full Version : MTV's TRANSform Me!!!

anonymoussonny
03-17-2010, 01:47 AM
I watched the show tonight and walked away with a mixed review. I thought the intro statements to the target were unsettling even insensitive. The goal was typical, nothing new. The only difference was the fact that the hosts were Transgendered. I don't think the show will last in its current programming format. The Tgirls aren't featured well and there should be more emphasis on their TG journey too. Why are they important, what makes them an expert, why do they connect with the target??? I like the fact that Tgirls are getting a shot for more network TV exposure, however...

It needs a real programming hook not a TG Gimmick. IMHO:(

bigdicki
03-17-2010, 10:47 AM
This is the show I mentioned in the thread about the Janet Jackson produced "Being T" documentary. Laverne Cox and Nina Poon are the TGs right? By the whole theme of the show I knew I wouldnt want to see it. :rolleyes: But hey if the girls aren't caricatures and they are making mainstream money, good for them.

Ms Remy M
03-17-2010, 12:35 PM
After reading the post about this show, I went to VH1 website last night to *gasp* watch a reality show. I absolutely think this show protrays the tg's in a better light than Springer and related talk shows, and even better than the Drag Race. It is however, not something that's going to attract a lot of guys to sit and watch as it's focusing on the tried and true Makeover niche. Its not much different than other Makeover shows except with three tgirls hosting it which were all looking glamorous! I'm glad they are eskewing the typical Drama angles and are helping women find their inner beauty. I only watched the first 10mins before boredom started to settle in but I do wish the girls good luck and congratulate them on the show.

TslovelyLuxury
03-17-2010, 01:38 PM
I like Lavern better quiet

anonymoussonny
03-18-2010, 03:07 AM
This is the show I mentioned in the thread about the Janet Jackson produced "Being T" documentary. Laverne Cox and Nina Poon are the TGs right? By the whole theme of the show I knew I wouldnt want to see it. :rolleyes: But hey if the girls aren't caricatures and they are making mainstream money, good for them.

Yes you are right BD! I went back and l looked up your post on this show. I agree with you overall though, "...if the girls aren't caricatures and they are making mainstream money, good for them." :cool:

anonymoussonny
03-18-2010, 03:12 AM
I like Lavern better quiet

You be nice now Luxury...you're too cute to get into catfights. I see you as a Lady in the regal sense of the word...don't destroy my characterization of you.;):o

anonymoussonny
03-18-2010, 03:15 AM
After reading the post about this show, I went to VH1 website last night to *gasp* watch a reality show. I absolutely think this show protrays the tg's in a better light than Springer and related talk shows, and even better than the Drag Race. It is however, not something that's going to attract a lot of guys to sit and watch as it's focusing on the tried and true Makeover niche. Its not much different than other Makeover shows except with three tgirls hosting it which were all looking glamorous! I'm glad they are eskewing the typical Drama angles and are helping women find their inner beauty. I only watched the first 10mins before boredom started to settle in but I do wish the girls good luck and congratulate them on the show.

DITTO FOR ME...Great minds think alike! LOL