PDA

View Full Version : Why do guys like sports ?

MrF
04-24-2010, 08:48 AM
For some reason, I'm a sports fanatic. I've played various sports (not at an elite level) and love to watch it and read/hear all the press, though it may be meaningless -- objectively.

I guess the reason is that sports is an allegory for life : competition, struggle, survival, teamwork, cooperation, yet in the end noble dignity when faced with our doom.

But I've notice that few girls like sports. (there are exceptions but for the most part they think it's a guy's harmless vice.) Not sure about T-girls, whether they like sports more like guys or ignore it more like girls tend to.

Why do guys like sports ????

snag87
04-24-2010, 06:49 PM
I've met PLENTY of females that like sports. Certainly not as many as males, but still a large amount. For example, my favorite sport is baseball. On some of the baseball forums I frequent, it seems like the male-female ratio is damn near 50-50.

babyjesus
04-27-2010, 12:02 AM
I think you do what everyone does around the way...If they are playing basketball your playing basketball same with football... I think I like sports because i played them. When I watch the jets, knicks or the mets I form a bound with the players kinda like I'm playing along with them game to game...That's just my perspective...:o

MrF
04-27-2010, 03:07 AM
A few random, but related, thoughts:

-- When I asked a woman who is close to me her opinion, she said the reason is that "most guys can't play sports at a serious level, so they watch it to fantasize that they can play". I must admit it's possible but I had never thought about it. Takes a woman to bring you down to earth. :)

-- Some "intellectual" guys I've known in the past didn't like sports and thought it was a stupid waste of time; I think they may be the ones who can't play, and are a little jealous, so they renounce the activity. :cool:

-- Outstanding athletes often have a reputation for being dumb, which may be because they focus on what they're best at and ignore the rest. I might have done the same if I had been born with a high level of athletic talent. But in my experience the people who take care of their body and play sports are, on average, a little smarter than those who don't. I think the reason is that they have better blood circulation, better health, and that promotes intelligence. ;)

babyjesus
04-27-2010, 04:09 AM
[QUOTE=MrF;16319]A few random, but related, thoughts:

-- When I asked a woman who is close to me her opinion, she said the reason is that "most guys can't play sports at a serious level, so they watch it to fantasize that they can play". I must admit it's possible but I had never thought about it. Takes a woman to bring you down to earth. :)

there is definitely validity to what the woman said...