PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss help

carmencream
04-30-2010, 04:53 AM
As a few ppl on here who personally know me know that I'm currently on a weight lose journey ,and I'm getting a little frustrated because my weight is peaking and I'm noticing changes in my body:D but not the tightening I wanna see lol arms yes and legs but mid section not doing what I want:mad: so any tips let me know

ROC
04-30-2010, 08:05 AM
SIT-UPS
Lie with back to the floor or bench, knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and hands behind your head.
- Leading with your chin, contract your stomach and raise your shoulders off the floor or bench, ‘til you are in upright sitting position
- Keep head and back straight throughout whole movement to avoid hyperextension

Double Crunch
- Lie on your back, knees bent and feet touching the ground; keep elbows back behind head and keep head in neutral position
- Leading with your chin, contract abs and raise shoulders off the floor; during crunch, also raise knees towards your chest
- Return to starting position
- Remember to keep head and back in neutral position

Hip Thrusts
- Lie on your back, arms palm down at your side, legs straight and raised perpendicular to floor
- Slowly lift hips straight up off the ground
- Slowly lower hips back to starting position and repeat for desired number of reps

carmencream
04-30-2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks I'll defintely apply some of that to my routine;)

eclectic_co
04-30-2010, 11:44 PM
If you decide to add some weightlifting to the routine. do all these with low weight and high reps.

I bet Natalia Coxxx would have some great tips on the weightlifting subject!

:cool:

SIT-UPS
Lie with back to the floor or bench, knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and hands behind your head.
- Leading with your chin, contract your stomach and raise your shoulders off the floor or bench, ‘til you are in upright sitting position
- Keep head and back straight throughout whole movement to avoid hyperextension

Double Crunch
- Lie on your back, knees bent and feet touching the ground; keep elbows back behind head and keep head in neutral position
- Leading with your chin, contract abs and raise shoulders off the floor; during crunch, also raise knees towards your chest
- Return to starting position
- Remember to keep head and back in neutral position

Hip Thrusts
- Lie on your back, arms palm down at your side, legs straight and raised perpendicular to floor
- Slowly lift hips straight up off the ground
- Slowly lower hips back to starting position and repeat for desired number of reps

carmencream
05-01-2010, 12:38 AM
I do weight-lifting already only 5 pounders though trying to stay feminine I'm already alittle built so I have to be careful with that shit :p

TVSURFER
05-01-2010, 02:57 AM
As a few ppl on here who personally know me know that I'm currently on a weight lose journey ,and I'm getting a little frustrated because my weight is peaking and I'm noticing changes in my body:D but not the tightening I wanna see lol arms yes and legs but mid section not doing what I want:mad: so any tips let me know
First, this process is not an overnight thing, you have to change yourself and those bad habits. Be selective in what you eat and exercise. Burgers, fries, pizza and friends do not help, even in moderation! Exercise should be done gradually.
Second, drink water instead of soft drinks. Water aids in cell function and regulates waste. Add fiber to your diet every single day; fruit and veggie snacks do more for your metabolism and will give you regulated bowel and bladder function; they will stive off those hunger pangs when they creep in. Sugarless cereal with low fat milk , sweeten with honey is lot better than processed sugar; eat whole wheat bread or whole wheat products.
Start a routine of excercise than is not strenuous to your body. Brisk walking is always a precursor to heavier exercise like sit ups or crunches, which you'll slowly move to. Plus, you'll want to be able to move the next day instead of rubbing Ben-Gay over your sore muscles.
Remember, losing pounds is not an overnight thing it's a drawn out process that will only work if you're dedicated. You'll notice a difference when you start to really feel better. That's my take!

carmencream
05-01-2010, 03:12 AM
Thanks ,but my weight gain was from medicine for epilepsy not over eating and now I'll take some of the things you said into consideration but some of the tips don't apply to me but your right it is a gradual thing and in my last shoot I was 235 I know whoa happily I'm back into the 100's but just trying to shake this chubby face and belly so wish me luck on my journey

TVSURFER
05-01-2010, 04:55 AM
Thanks ,but my weight gain was from medicine for epilepsy not over eating and now I'll take some of the things you said into consideration but some of the tips don't apply to me but your right it is a gradual thing and in my last shoot I was 235 I know whoa happily I'm back into the 100's but just trying to shake this chubby face and belly so wish me luck on my journey
You didn't mention you were under medication, so please accept my apology. Speaking of epilepsy, my best friend in the world was stricken with epilepsy in the prime of his life and career. He can't work or even drive a car. His has to take this powerful medicine because he's always prone to a seizure. Plus, since you mentioned your weight, his weight has ballooned.

carmencream
05-01-2010, 05:13 AM
oh no apology needed ,it's all good on another med now so no excuse's now,just did'nt want ppl to think my weight gain was from being an overeater but hey like I said wish me luck everyone I'm trying to comeback as another woman lol

twowaybro
05-01-2010, 05:43 AM
Increase water, decrease salt(including hidden salt in most processed foods). Balanced holistic diet(as many foods in their natural state as possible esp. fibrous fruits and veggies and leafy greens as well as avoidance of dairy products and animal fats) and moderate daily exercise(walking works wonders). Try to eat your heaviest meals between the hours of 11am-3pm as this is the optimum time of day for burning calories and avoid too much late night snacking. Lastly be joyful and visualize yourself being thinner. The imagination is a powerful tool in changing behavior(for good and bad) and actualizing goals. These things have worked for me. Hope this helps.

Unisex
05-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Have you ever heard of the pickle diet?

carmencream
05-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Increase water, decrease salt(including hidden salt in most processed foods). Balanced holistic diet(as many foods in their natural state as possible esp. fibrous fruits and veggies and leafy greens as well as avoidance of dairy products and animal fats) and moderate daily exercise(walking works wonders). Try to eat your heaviest meals between the hours of 11am-3pm as this is the optimum time of day for burning calories and avoid too much late night snacking. Lastly be joyful and visualize yourself being thinner. The imagination is a powerful tool in changing behavior(for good and bad) and actualizing goals. These things have worked for me. Hope this helps.

Thanks sounds great I'll try apply that to my regimen

carmencream
05-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Have you ever heard of the pickle diet?

Yuck ,never heard of it what are the details

unknown5
05-02-2010, 07:57 AM
you should constantly raise the weights once you adjust, and start doing squats and running on a regular basis, you got to make a real commitment

ROC
05-02-2010, 08:09 AM
that's why i love this forum....can you feel the love up in here, so much good feedbacks.......we want you to succeed ma, hang in there, one~love roc...

Unisex
05-02-2010, 09:13 PM
Yuck ,never heard of it what are the details

How I lost 30 pounds, The Pickle diet (http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?130129-How-I-lost-30-pounds.-The-pickle-diet)

DirtySouth
05-03-2010, 05:35 PM

Loosing weight is 80% diet. Keep working on eating food not only low in calories but low in sugar. Excess sugar converts to fat and usually hides itself in the midsection and other undesirable places (i.e. arms).

Just work on your diet and do lots of cardio and body resistance exercises (i.e. pushups) Depending on how much weight you're trying to loose, it may be long term to get to your goal (i.e. 6-12 months)