PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Mayweather kicks Shane Mosley's Ass!!

vidman
05-02-2010, 04:29 AM
Floyd has done it again people! The judges score it 119-109, 119-109 and 118-110 unanimously for Floyd Mayweather. Floyd is pound-4-pound, the best fighter in the world. I think he's better than Manny Pacquio. If there is a Mayweather-Pacquio fight, look out!!!

Way to go FLOYD!!!!

ty-clone
05-02-2010, 04:59 AM
mayweather >>> pacquio

twowaybro
05-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Money looked good. Totally outclassed Mosley in all but the 2nd round. Mosley had his chance but didn't keep his hands moving after rocking Mayweather in the 2nd. He should have done a better job of seizing that moment. But hey, Money talks the talk and walks the walk. P4P the best right now. I don't think Pac-Man wants none at least not without the "juice".

carmencream
05-02-2010, 07:06 AM
I knew my baby daddy was gonna win yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Team Mayweather:p

bigdicki
05-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Money looked good. Totally outclassed Mosley in all but the 2nd round. Mosley had his chance but didn't keep his hands moving after rocking Mayweather in the 2nd. He should have done a better job of seizing that moment. But hey, Money talks the talk and walks the walk. P4P the best right now. I don't think Pac-Man wants none at least not without the "juice".

Interesting you bring up the juice. Given what I used to do, I've seen a few dudes on the juice and Manny does show some signs, but not enough for me to say he is probably on it. I'm wondering what others think particularly since the breakdown in their previous fight negotiations were drug testing standards.

kilakali
05-02-2010, 08:33 AM
I would like to see how Mayweather will do with my brasillan boys in the octogon. I used to be a big fan of boxing especially the heavyweights, but that division is garbage (Klitschko a champ?).

ROC
05-02-2010, 09:13 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/box/YSports_Boxing/19420415

TurboMan
05-02-2010, 12:03 PM

What up Roc..great post.

twowaybro
05-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I would like to see how Mayweather will do with my brasillan boys in the octogon. I used to be a big fan of boxing especially the heavyweights, but that division is garbage (Klitschko a champ?).

Two totally different arenas but as a fight fan it is intriguing. If it was set up with str8 boxing rules no one down there in his weight class would fare any better against the likes of Mayweather. He has the perfect combination of offensive and defensive boxing skills and ring generalship. He is the Spider Silva of the boxing world. Now, if the rules of the octagon are applied it's a whole different matter. He has no background in grappling, holds, throws, kicks and mat work. Once taken to the mat it would probably be over in short order. My favorite fighter right now irregardless of arena is the aforementioned Anderson Silva. The complete package. He seriously wanted to take on Roy Jones Jr. a while back using boxing rules. Dana White wouldn't allow it. That would have been interesting indeed. If any MMA fighter could have pulled it off it would have been the Spider.

bigdicki
05-02-2010, 07:55 PM

Two totally different arenas but as a fight fan it is intriguing. If it was set up with str8 boxing rules no one down there in his weight class would fare any better against the likes of Mayweather. He has the perfect combination of offensive and defensive boxing skills and ring generalship. He is the Spider Silva of the boxing world. Now, if the rules of the octagon are applied it's a whole different matter. He has no background in grappling, holds, throws, kicks and mat work. Once taken to the mat it would probably be over in short order. My favorite fighter right now irregardless of arena is the aforementioned Anderson Silva. The complete package. He seriously wanted to take on Roy Jones Jr. a while back using boxing rules. Dana White wouldn't allow it. That would have been interesting indeed. If any MMA fighter could have pulled it off it would have been the Spider.

Excellent post Roc... I never looked at their boxing coverage. It seems pretty good.

MMA fighters can't mess with the best fighters IMHO. Mayweather for instance is quicker than any MMA fighter I have seen. Plus if he is taught to sprawl and some basic takedown defense the fight would never wind up on the ground.

twowaybro
05-02-2010, 09:15 PM
MMA fighters can't mess with the best fighters IMHO. Mayweather for instance is quicker than any MMA fighter I have seen. Plus if he is taught to sprawl and some basic takedown defense the fight would never wind up on the ground.

If only it were that simple. One doesn't just learn to "sprawl" and acquire "basic take-down defense" on a whim. Just as Mayweather's boxing prowess wasn't developed overnight but rather through rigid training, practice, extensive sparring and time, so it is also with the skills of a MMA fighter especially one with the ability of a Spider Silva. In boxing, when participants hold they are separated by the ref. In the octagon, upon entering a hold, you better have some pretty darn good grappling skills or you are gonna get taken down. Don't even talk about head butts, elbows, and knees all of which aren't allowed in boxing. The two sports are like apples and oranges. They are both fruit but with very unique differences. In a contest with straight up boxing rules i do agree that not many in MMA could stand up to Mayweather but let's get serious, when the rules of the octagon are applied, Money is gonna be sorely lacking. His only chance would be in utilizing his supreme boxing skills to knock out his opponent(KO's not being his strong suit) or to outpoint him through avoiding a take-down and going the distance. Don't get me wrong i have much respect for Money. He is probably p4p the best at what he does in his sport but believe me in the octagon against someone with the ability of a Silva(different weight class) or one of the Gracie boys he would be totally outmatched. Once again it all depends on the rules governing the contest. Speaking of contest....what is up with the proposed "sword fight" between Ms Luxury and Ms Natalia? Is this contest still on? The BTG match of the year. I want front row seats to this one.

TVSURFER
05-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Let’s be serious here; head butting, kicking, biting and even pissing on your opponent was considered dirty fighting, back in the day; no holds barred! You had more civility in after school bumps than what’s taking place in these blood and guts assaults! This type of fighting always came about after a dude had too many Budweiser’s at Moe’s for looking at the chick with hairy legs and the growth under her arms. I’d rather see a dude standing on his feet, taking a ass whipping than laying on his back with some dude’s foot stuck in his mouth in a “no holds barred” fight! I’m sorry; I’m accustomed to rules in games of one or more men.
Once men with civility felt there should be rules, they conscripted, over 145 years ago, to at least, let a guy lose his Chiclets in a fair fight! To me, MMA is just another way to appease hockey fans that couldn’t catch on to the game! Now that the MMA has hoodwinked CBS into broadcasting these fiascos, Kelsey’s Bar will be holding Thursday night MMA qualifications and one dollar beers! Next, we are going to have The Spaniard and his crew, slashing oversized, arrow shooting African woman, with man-eating Tigers, lapping at anything that bites the canvas. It’s the same as Arena Football for those who can’t get enough of the autumn mayhem, which has gone from tackling to putting your opponent in a wheelchair, for life! This is the same way I see MMA fighting; it maims and disfigures in the name of “mega” masculinity.
That’s my take and too bad, if anyone didn’t like my digression! I fight with civility; 9mm! It cuts down on what's fair! LOL:D
:cool:

ROC
05-03-2010, 12:24 AM
what up roc..great post.

thanks..i try.............yahooooooooooooooooooooooo!

bigdicki
05-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Let’s be serious here; head butting, kicking, biting and even pissing on your opponent was considered dirty fighting, back in the day; no holds barred! You had more civility in after school bumps than what’s taking place in these blood and guts assaults! This type of fighting always came about after a dude had too many Budweiser’s at Moe’s for looking at the chick with hairy legs and the growth under her arms. I’d rather see a dude standing on his feet, taking a ass whipping than laying on his back with some dude’s foot stuck in his mouth in a “no holds barred” fight! I’m sorry; I’m accustomed to rules in games of one or more men.
Once men with civility felt there should be rules, they conscripted, over 145 years ago, to at least, let a guy lose his Chiclets in a fair fight! To me, MMA is just another way to appease hockey fans that couldn’t catch on to the game! Now that the MMA has hoodwinked CBS into broadcasting these fiascos, Kelsey’s Bar will be holding Thursday night MMA qualifications and one dollar beers! Next, we are going to have The Spaniard and his crew, slashing oversized, arrow shooting African woman, with man-eating Tigers, lapping at anything that bites the canvas. It’s the same as Arena Football for those who can’t get enough of the autumn mayhem, which has gone from tackling to putting your opponent in a wheelchair, for life! This is the same way I see MMA fighting; it maims and disfigures in the name of “mega” masculinity.
That’s my take and too bad, if anyone didn’t like my digression! I fight with civility; 9mm! It cuts down on what's fair! LOL:D
:cool:

Of course you put that special 'Surfer spin on it ;) , but I gotta say that I agree with you. I have watched MMA a few times and the lumbering, slow, suspect boxing skills of Chuck Liddell or some of the others (who do simply sprawl when met with folks who try to take them down) and they do not even compare with the Sweet Science. Boxing is called the Sweet Science and has rules for a reason; because it's a thinking man's game that happens to be brutal. MMA just seems like, for the most part, brawlers.

babyjesus
05-03-2010, 04:51 PM
yo...i don't know:eek: if you heard but shane was only paid 4 mill while floyd got
paid 40 mill.. Wtf????:eek:

twowaybro
05-03-2010, 06:35 PM
yo...i don't know:eek: if you heard but shane was only paid 4 mill while floyd got
paid 40 mill.. Wtf????:eek:

Money is the draw. The contract was agreed to by both sides in advance. I think Sugar got closer to 7 mil.

nycguy
05-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Money is the draw. The contract was agreed to by both sides in advance. I think Sugar got closer to 7 mil.

7mill more than he had coming this year! He aint complaining.

VICTORIA_PORSHE
05-03-2010, 11:00 PM
floyd has done it again people! The judges score it 119-109, 119-109 and 118-110 unanimously for floyd mayweather. Floyd is pound-4-pound, the best fighter in the world. I think he's better than manny pacquio. If there is a mayweather-pacquio fight, look out!!!

Way to go floyd!!!!

yeah, that was a great fight! But c'mon... Of course we knew it would be, its mayweather we're talking about! He's the greatest!!! (i love boxing by the way). Xoxo

thegreat1
05-03-2010, 11:05 PM
yeah, that was a great fight! But c'mon... Of course we knew it would be, its mayweather we're talking about! He's the greatest!!! (i love boxing by the way). Xoxo

ms porshe, if i EVER get my hands on you, you're gonna think it was mayweather mosley all over again...and i'ma be playing the part of money may lol...

DirtySouth
05-04-2010, 01:00 AM
I think Mayweather is a great fighter and one of the best, but until he fights Manny I'm not buying this greatest ever band wagon everyone is jumping on.

Come on. Mosley? He's not exactly in his prime anymore.

Mayweather is just another Roy Jones Jr. (in his prime) IMO. Roy was knocking everyone out and making a spectacle of it, but that was because no one was on his level at the time. Everyone called him the greatest then - what about now? The talent pool was shallow for him at that time. Then, when he stepped up to a weight class with a better talent pool, he started getting knocked out every other fight (i.e. Tarver, Taylor, etc.)

Does anyone wonder why no one considers Tyson the greates ever anymore? Because he wasnt fighting high caliber fighters of his era. When he began to (Lenox Lewis, Holyfield,etc.) and started getting knocked out, his legacy became tainted.

Manny however has fought the best in his class when he made his run to the top. Antonio Barrera, Eric "El Terrible" Morales, etc. I think he has already been tested and shined.

Ali wasnt great until Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Liston, etc. What made Ali great was that he fought other greats of his time. He wouldnt be called the greatest if it weren't for those fights. I'm not saying Mayweather is fighting scrubs, but he hasnt really been tested IMO (aside from De La Hoya f you want to count that). Fight Pacquiao and settle the few doubters out there.

Beating up on Mosley, Slow ass Ricky Hatton, etc. just wasn't that impressive to me. They both need to stop stroking each other's dicks about this and make the fight happen.

ROC
05-04-2010, 04:04 AM

i would love to go a few rounds with you ma....dayummmmmmm you fine boo!

vidman
05-04-2010, 07:39 PM

Victoria, what are you talking about lil lady? Mohammed Ali is actually the greatest, but Money Mayweather is a great fighter though. I applaude and respect your admiration for boxing. You seem too feminine to have an interest in such a "brutal" sport. Lovin that about you.

vidman aka bigtruck boy. ;)

DYNACORD
05-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Pacquiao and Mayweather are the two best right now and THEY will have a match up. You can bet on that. The purse will be HUGE.
I agree with SURF in that the Octagon matches are more like a street brawl. I see more wrestling moves than boxing and definitly very little Martial Arts. It is what it is I guess. If Mayweather was matched in the octagon, I think the other fighter would find out real fast what a boxer is all about. The cage fighters don't come close to the speed and accuracy of a world class boxer. That's what I've been seeing at least.

DirtySouth
05-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Pacquiao and Mayweather are the two best right now and THEY will have a match up. You can bet on that. The purse will be HUGE.
I agree with SURF in that the Octagon matches are more like a street brawl. I see more wrestling moves than boxing and definitly very little Martial Arts. It is what it is I guess. If Mayweather was matched in the octagon, I think the other fighter would find out real fast what a boxer is all about. The cage fighters don't come close to the speed and accuracy of a world class boxer. That's what I've been seeing at least.

I agree with that. Boxers should stay boxers and vice versa with MMA guys.