PDA

View Full Version : possible chatroom?

jjhill
07-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Is it possible to get a chat room?

cumshooter69
07-17-2010, 09:44 PM
That could be an idea, so everyone here can discuss our comments with each other.

Ms Remy M
07-19-2010, 04:06 PM
We had the chat room feature on the actual site (not forum) after the redesign, and it hardly got used at all. What I think would be better is a Shout Box tied to the forum where people who are logged into the forum can chat in real time with each other. This feature (Shout Box) gets heavy use on my gaming forums.

nycguy
07-19-2010, 04:41 PM
We had the chat room feature on the actual site (not forum) after the redesign, and it hardly got used at all. What I think would be better is a Shout Box tied to the forum where people who are logged into the forum can chat in real time with each other. This feature (Shout Box) gets heavy use on my gaming forums.

Thats a good idea. Most social sites have a live chat feature, and the ability to creat chat rooms on the fly

DrDickenstein
07-19-2010, 06:32 PM
:cool:

Yah I like the sound of that alot...would b cool :cool:

cumshooter69
07-19-2010, 11:30 PM
sounds good to me.

GroobySteven
07-20-2010, 02:35 PM
You got it - it's at the top of the screen.,

DrDickenstein
07-20-2010, 04:20 PM
It's like....magic!! :D Good stuff...

DrDickenstein
07-21-2010, 02:41 AM
Dang imagine if Dixie was still amongst us (assuming he isn't)...he would blowin up the chatbox for real!! The forum was like his chatbox anyways...lol He was definitely the straw that stirred the shit....can't say I miss all his blabber either. I much prefer my own babble. :o

GroobySteven
07-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Let's make sure we keep the forum active - remember don't ask questions or make big statements in the chatbox - otherwise, it will be pushed out before anyone see's it!
Good to shoot the shit with people online though at the same time.

TVSURFER
07-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Since the Chat box is for small talk, why not have each member give up their cell number and they could text each other small talk without it being so public; we have PM, too! Chat rooms in this respect seems so sophmoric; look at the responses since they shouldn't be drawn out! I can do the same thing with my cell phone! Just my opinion. I should give credit where credit is due, though: Thanks for giving the members what they want, seanchai.

Ms Remy M
07-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Since the Chat box is for small talk, why not have each member give up their cell number and they could text each other small talk without it being so public; we have PM, too! Chat rooms in this respect seems so sophmoric; look at the responses since they shouldn't be drawn out! I can do the same thing with my cell phone! Just my opinion. I should give credit where credit is due, though: Thanks for giving the members what they want, seanchai.

Lol that's a trip! This is a public forum so I'd seriously doubt anyone would want to give out personal info like that and for good reason. I actually kind of despise pointless small talk and Social Networks(SN) as I feel I can be reached as easily through email or phone. Plus I don't like the Big Brother aspect of (SN) I think this is a good small step considering how active this forum is.

anonymoussonny
08-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Interesting addition Seanchi. Looking at the post trends at least it is staying somewhat active. TV seems to have my take too. Kudos to you for listening though...