PDA

View Full Version : New Rick Ross album

werwt22
07-21-2010, 11:55 PM
(Side Note) Dude he got some crazy hits on here. Loving this CD. Your gonna skip a few tracks, but the hits are so sick that you just be vibin' without even knowing it. I recommend the buy or dl.

jjhill
07-22-2010, 02:03 AM
I dl it, lyrically i'm not a fan but production wise he always find the right people

Nepo
07-24-2010, 02:54 AM
great album from track one until the end

bigdicki
07-24-2010, 03:02 AM
Why do they give that fat bastard CO the best beats in the biz right now? There are a lot of cats who could be hot with the track from Superhi with Neo singing the background.:rolleyes:

Indy24
07-24-2010, 03:46 AM
Why do they give that fat bastard CO the best beats in the biz right now? There are a lot of cats who could be hot with the track from Superhi with Neo singing the background.:rolleyes:

What the hell you mean "give" he paid for those tracks...go tell your fav rappers to step their production up!

Enjoyable music is just that...I don't give a fuck if he was Andy Griffith he screamin BAWSE now!

bigdicki
07-24-2010, 04:29 AM
What the hell you mean "give" he paid for those tracks...go tell your fav rappers to step their production up!

Enjoyable music is just that...I don't give a fuck if he was Andy Griffith he screamin BAWSE now!

Hot tracks are in high demand and typically, the hottest tracks have several high bidders. So, my question is quite valid. They have no reason to "sell" tracks to him unless they are getting points off his sales. Which means he's a wack ass rhymer who realized his only choice to blow up was to pay more than others usually do to get "Superhi" beats to supplement his was super-dumb rhymes (e.g. "delicates of fabrics" ??!!?)

I don't have many "fav rappers" still in the game because most "rappers" don't know what the true hip-hop heads stand for. And quite frankly, most music consumers (usually far-removed kids from the suburbs) don't even know what real hip-hop artistry is. Instead, they give love to numbskulls like a dude who was a CO for years and instead of claiming his life experience he falsely claims to have pushed weight up 95. Rick Ross' whole existence is manufactured including his name (look up the real Ricky Ross' take on him btw). I'm happy to say that I'm still too hip-hop to accept cubic zirconium that presents itself as a G, FL diamond.

That being said, I'm glad he's making money just sad he has to glorify a high-risk lifestyle that causes my brothers to die and something he never lived, in order to do so. :cool:

bigdicki
07-24-2010, 04:32 AM
I dl it, lyrically i'm not a fan but production wise he always find the right people

This is accurate.

Indy24
07-24-2010, 04:48 AM
Hot tracks are in high demand and typically, the hottest tracks have several high bidders. So, my question is quite valid. They have no reason to "sell" tracks to him unless they are getting points off his sales. Which means he's a wack ass rhymer who realized his only choice to blow up was to pay more than others usually do to get "Superhi" beats to supplement his was super-dumb rhymes (e.g. "delicates of fabrics" ??!!?)

I don't have many "fav rappers" still in the game because most "rappers" don't know what the true hip-hop heads stand for. And quite frankly, most music consumers (usually far-removed kids from the suburbs) don't even know what real hip-hop artistry is. Instead, they give love to numbskulls like a dude who was a CO for years and instead of claiming his life experience he falsely claims to have pushed weight up 95. Rick Ross' whole existence is manufactured including his name (look up the real Ricky Ross' take on him btw). I'm happy to say that I'm still too hip-hop to accept cubic zirconium that presents itself as a G, FL diamond.

That being said, I'm glad he's making money just sad he has to glorify a high-risk lifestyle that causes my brothers to die and something he never lived, in order to do so. :cool:

Nas, Jay-z, BIG, Pac and Eminem are my top 5. But Rick Ross grew on me...
Him and T.I. are the only two southern rappers I listen two. I thought he was down for the count after that 50 beef. But he kept doing his thing music wise where as all 50 seems to do is run his mouth in tabloids now a days.

That being said what you need to understand is that all rap is "fiction" so who gives a fuck if he's a C.O. Your taking this to damn personal I.M.O.

But it changes nothing Ross is bound to do about 500k world wide with this one. Which is the new Platinum!

bigdicki
07-24-2010, 05:12 AM
Nas, Jay-z, BIG, Pac and Eminem are my top 5. But Rick Ross grew on me...
Him and T.I. are the only two southern rappers I listen two. I thought he was down for the count after that 50 beef. But he kept doing his thing music wise where as all 50 seems to do is run his mouth in tabloids now a days.

That being said what you need to understand is that all rap is "fiction" so who gives a fuck if he's a C.O. Your taking this to damn personal I.M.O.

But it changes nothing Ross is bound to do about 500k world wide with this one. Which is the new Platinum!

Not taking it personal as he hasn't done anything to me and I'm glad he is a brother making money. Here is the reality: young brothers look up to and often use their idols (rappers among them) to justify lifestyle choices. Although other hip-hop artists you mentioned Jay, BIG, Nas (except for when he did his Escobar stint), etc. have all talked about living dopeboy life they primarily rapped about it because that was the world they lived day in and out before becoming successful. And they at least did rhyme quite a bit about the emptiness, violence and dangers of living that life. Em actually is great despite not talking about being something he never was (ie a dopeboy) but he's delivered raps about being a dopehead and talked about what it cost him. That's real. Rick Ross talks about a lifestyle he co-opted from the real Ricky Ross and never seems to mention that ALL major players seem to wind up dead or in jail and perpetually empty inside. Plus, many of his rhymes are sophomoric (once again, "delicates of fabrics"???!!!)

Anyway, no harm no foul man... you like Rick Ross... keep bangin' joe. Shit I love the beats he probably pays out his big ass for myself. I just think hip-hop, a music my boys helped create and the music of my life, is more/better than the rhymes he puts out. Furthermore, when my city is literally bleeding every day from young bucks killing dudes over dope corners and cash, I can't really stand for dope boy lyrics from someone who is clearly just using that lifestyle to make bread. Just my opinion.

TurboMan
07-24-2010, 12:53 PM
great album from track one until the end

From track one..until the end= A piece of SHYTE.

werwt22
07-24-2010, 05:43 PM

HAHA true. I dont buy any southern albums other than ross's and i think it's only cuz he grew on me. Always got them beats that just seem high class. And if a beat is hard enough, it really dont matter what you sayin as long as you got a nice hook. That dont have shit to do wit the artist. Thats what we as the consumer accept, and if so give the producer props instead of the artist. Dont hate on him for havin the beat. Hate on your fav artist for not remixin to a mixtape LOL

thepiedpiper
07-25-2010, 12:19 AM

There are plenty of rappers using much doper beats, and even cats making thir own beats and rapping over them which end up better than Rick Ross' bullshit. I'll admit i havent listened to the new album but I can list rappers and producers bringing out better beats

New SV shit is crazy - carrying mad weight on twitter (most beats courtesy of Young RJ)
Black Milk - Bringing out crazy beats
Reef tha Lost Cauze - Good beats on the album
Dumhi - Another strong underground artist with solid beats behind him
Last Emperor - Again much better production than Rick Ross

also try moovmnt.com which, is blog containing a great deal of music on an underground level which, gives me hope for Hip Hop yet...

bigdicki
07-25-2010, 12:19 AM
HAHA true. I dont buy any southern albums other than ross's and i think it's only cuz he grew on me. Always got them beats that just seem high class. And if a beat is hard enough, it really dont matter what you sayin as long as you got a nice hook. That dont have shit to do wit the artist. Thats what we as the consumer accept, and if so give the producer props instead of the artist. Dont hate on him for havin the beat. Hate on your fav artist for not remixin to a mixtape LOL

This is pretty much why I listen to new hip-hop less and less. For all you old hip-hop heads, remember when the beat and the rhyme were to be symbiotic... BOTH had to be fire. The words had to mean something, the delivery had to be on point, etc. Makes me think of The Voice by Gangstarr.

Indy24
07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
This is pretty much why I listen to new hip-hop less and less. For all you old hip-hop heads, remember when the beat and the rhyme were to be symbiotic... BOTH had to be fire. The words had to mean something, the delivery had to be on point, etc. Makes me think of The Voice by Gangstarr.

Look no further.... Nas and Damien Marley's "Distant Relatives" and The Roots "How I got over" hit store not to long ago and both are classic albums. Did you support them?

I have both but when I'm in a mood for "Dumbed Down" lyrics on hot beats, Rick Ross is the remedy since a lot of his recent material hasn't been that bad. Hell his mix tape was way better then this cd was I.M.O.

So to sit here and talk that "back in my day" crap is lame to me since I know damn well that rap in the 80s and 90s had it's good and bad. For every Public Enemy there has alway been a Vanilla Ice. So just pick what you like and listen to it.

bigdicki
07-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Look no further.... Nas and Damien Marley's "Distant Relatives" and The Roots "How I got over" hit store not to long ago and both are classic albums. Did you support them?

I have both but when I'm in a mood for "Dumbed Down" lyrics on hot beats, Rick Ross is the remedy since a lot of his recent material hasn't been that bad. Hell his mix tape was way better then this cd was I.M.O.

So to sit here and talk that "back in my day" crap is lame to me since I know damn well that rap in the 80s and 90s had it's good and bad. For every Public Enemy there has alway been a Vanilla Ice. So just pick what you like and listen to it.

Looks like I hit a nerve since nothing I said in the post you reference insinuated you liked "dumbed down" lyrics more than the next man. I was looking to reminisce with those who actually remember a time when more hip-hop had to be hot on at least two levels rather than one. So, not sure how bringing the one hit wonder up, who has nowhere near the sales of some of today's lyrically deficient rappers, plays a role. The point is, outside of a few anomalies, in the late 80's and 90's there were more lyrically proficient, cutting edge rhymers (as a percentage of albums cut) who were successful. There were plenty of hip-hop rhymers from the Golden Age (I wonder why they call the late 80s and 90s that... hmmmm....) named in the best of all time thread just on here and most of them had enormous success for the time. Nowadays, can Rakim go gold? Could KRS-One sell? Hell, some of them can't get a record deal now, because today's market typically would rather listen to Soulja Boy, Gucci Mane, Lil Wayne and yes... the fat man, Rick Ross, who rhymes about pushing weight, with no consequences, to a nation of people who are dying from men pushing weight.

And actually, I have all Roots albums including the most recent, How I Got Over. You see, I'm not saying good hip-hop doesn't exist; I'm saying it isn't as appreciated by the hip-hop nation as it used to be and therefore, many good artists get forced out or never let in. If you look at who's getting most of the sales and who isn't today and look at who was getting the highest percentage of the hip-hop market in the early 90s, you will see it's fact that those with hard-core rhyme skills got more of the pie back then. Some of that is the market and some of that is caused by record executives and A&Rs choosing acts that don't have skills but have perceived marketability. Now I know facts are lame to a lot of folks who don't like logic, but at the end of the day facts are facts. :cool:

bigdicki
07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
There are plenty of rappers using much doper beats, and even cats making thir own beats and rapping over them which end up better than Rick Ross' bullshit. I'll admit i havent listened to the new album but I can list rappers and producers bringing out better beats

New SV shit is crazy - carrying mad weight on twitter (most beats courtesy of Young RJ)
Black Milk - Bringing out crazy beats
Reef tha Lost Cauze - Good beats on the album
Dumhi - Another strong underground artist with solid beats behind him
Last Emperor - Again much better production than Rick Ross

also try moovmnt.com which, is blog containing a great deal of music on an underground level which, gives me hope for Hip Hop yet...

Good looking out on the website; I hadn't heard of it. I still got hope for H.E.R. ;)

thepiedpiper
07-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Good looking out on the website; I hadn't heard of it. I still got hope for H.E.R. ;)

Haha nice good looking out Common ;)... There have been a good few topics on hip hop in the forum recently and as much as it's not exactly on topic, I have enjoyed it all the more. Looks like I have found another real head in bigdicki too.. if only more people who listen to Hip hop where real heads then we would get less and less people trying to hate on the 'old skool' I mean Indy says that for every Public Enemy there is a Vanilla Ice but.... can you name a wack rapper for every dope Emcee during this era? I can confidently say no you can't.

Anyway as I saying I hope these discussions continue (on the sideline of course) as there is hardly anywhere to discuss real hip hop anymore, look at ughh that place is full of flaming, whoring bullshit.

Indy24
07-26-2010, 04:44 AM
Looks like I hit a nerve since nothing I said in the post you reference insinuated you liked "dumbed down" lyrics more than the next man. I was looking to reminisce with those who actually remember a time when more hip-hop had to be hot on at least two levels rather than one. So, not sure how bringing the one hit wonder up, who has nowhere near the sales of some of today's lyrically deficient rappers, plays a role. The point is, outside of a few anomalies, in the late 80's and 90's there were more lyrically proficient, cutting edge rhymers (as a percentage of albums cut) who were successful. There were plenty of hip-hop rhymers from the Golden Age (I wonder why they call the late 80s and 90s that... hmmmm....) named in the best of all time thread just on here and most of them had enormous success for the time. Nowadays, can Rakim go gold? Could KRS-One sell? Hell, some of them can't get a record deal now, because today's market typically would rather listen to Soulja Boy, Gucci Mane, Lil Wayne and yes... the fat man, Rick Ross, who rhymes about pushing weight, with no consequences, to a nation of people who are dying from men pushing weight.

And actually, I have all Roots albums including the most recent, How I Got Over. You see, I'm not saying good hip-hop doesn't exist; I'm saying it isn't as appreciated by the hip-hop nation as it used to be and therefore, many good artists get forced out or never let in. If you look at who's getting most of the sales and who isn't today and look at who was getting the highest percentage of the hip-hop market in the early 90s, you will see it's fact that those with hard-core rhyme skills got more of the pie back then. Some of that is the market and some of that is caused by record executives and A&Rs choosing acts that don't have skills but have perceived marketability. Now I know facts are lame to a lot of folks who don't like logic, but at the end of the day facts are facts. :cool:

Touched a nerve????!

Wait aren't you the one who came bitchin about this thread to begin with?!
Now your just bring up old school shit to save face. Did Rick Ross fuck your mom or something?

I don't like Wayne, Mane or any of those lollipop rappers. Difference is I don't come to threads catching a hissy fit about who should've got the production.

So Fact: If you have that old school shit your praising then go listen to it cuz right now you just sound like a hatin ass dickhead. And there's nothing artistic about that!

bigdicki
07-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Touched a nerve????!

Wait aren't you the one who came bitchin about this thread to begin with?!
Now your just bring up old school shit to save face. Did Rick Ross fuck your mom or something?

I don't like Wayne, Mane or any of those lollipop rappers. Difference is I don't come to threads catching a hissy fit about who should've got the production.

So Fact: If you have that old school shit your praising then go listen to it cuz right now you just sound like a hatin ass dickhead. And there's nothing artistic about that!

Ha ha! Ladies and gentleman, next on our exhibit is a creature that lives in abundance in the wild, the Ignorant Bitch-Ass. The Ignorant Bitch-Ass (also sometimes called the Dumb Motherfucker) will become pressed when in a logical argument and totally disregard any factual points heard. They will not only listen to but praise the same ignorant behavior that helps lead to their own demise (e.g. rappers unnecessarily praising drug dealing). And in fact, when they do become involved in a civilized discussion, they will start using nonsensical insults and insulting one's mother instead of making factual arguments; this is mainly because the Ignorant Bitch-Ass is not civilized. It is in fact a feral, foolish animal that lies in its own shit and babbles on about bullshit.

Indy24, take your ass back to school and get some logic... or at least some creativity or your Ignorant Bitch-Ass may wind up extinct. :cool:

Indy24
07-27-2010, 02:52 AM
Heh......I own you.

peggygee
07-27-2010, 04:46 AM
I'm kinda partial to thick guys, but he's too young for me, and I don't do
thugs or wanna be dope boys, but he's "ahright"

Musically, would download his stuff, but wouldn''t buy it.

ROC
01-18-2011, 09:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hT0H8nt_E

JUST ANOTHER DAY OF DA GOD~DAYUM BOSS!

TslovelyLuxury
01-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Ross ugly but he flow real good!! ill let him rap me out my panties then im going home!! no fucking for him.... haha