PDA

View Full Version : Word usage

TVSURFER
07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
I know this not relative to this board as hip hop discussions or sports, but doesn’t it bother you that the personal pronoun “you” and the verb “to be” are used incorrectly; you is a pronoun (first person and third person) and are, the verb, to be, is being used as your which refers to something that belongs to, relates to the/or person(s) who is being spoken to. Your, is an adjective, which is a possessive of the verb you.
I’ve seen it a lot on this board and I wonder if those using these incorrect parts of speech are cognizant of their proper usage or any of the verb forms.
:cool:

Ms Remy M
07-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Class is now in session. Thanks for the corrections on our bad grammar.

GroobySteven
07-26-2010, 09:04 PM
What you axing?

TVSURFER
07-26-2010, 09:22 PM
What you axing?
Seems as though you've been hangin' around my "peoples" too long!

DrDickenstein
07-26-2010, 10:16 PM
I know this not relative to this board as hip hop discussions or sports, but doesn’t it bother you that the personal pronoun “you” and the verb “to be” are used incorrectly; you is a pronoun (first person and third person) and are, the verb, to be, is being used as your which refers to something that belongs to, relates to the/or person(s) who is being spoken to. Your, is an adjective, which is a possessive of the verb you.
I’ve seen it a lot on this board and I wonder if those using these incorrect parts of speech are cognizant of their proper usage or any of the verb forms.

Dude how can you post this off-topic garbage?? Can we get back to the hip-hop, movies and sports discussions please!!!!!

:p ;)

TVSURFER
07-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Dude how can you post this off-topic garbage?? Can we get back to the hip-hop, movies and sports discussions please!!!!!

:p ;)
You haven't had it put to you like that since you left "grammar" school, have you?:rolleyes: Well I still have the knots on my dome from my teachers and folks who made sure I did it correctly! Oh, you forgot about the main subject of this board, T-GIRLS!

thepiedpiper
07-26-2010, 11:41 PM

I would have to say no, I am pretty sure that people are not aware of this. I notice this too if I actively seek it, and I know that I am probably partial to making the same mistakes. I was never the best student of English and have always struggled somewhat with grammar. I've always put this down to a mild case of dyslexia but, I do pride myself on being able to spell (in most cases) and normally being able to argue my point in words which, is relatively comfortable to read.

bigdicki
07-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Why come y'all ain't talkin' about tgirls and talkin' about youre grammar? :p:D

DrDickenstein
07-27-2010, 01:31 AM
Why come y'all ain't talkin' about tgirls and talkin' about youre grammar? :p:D

LMAO...well done :p

peggygee
07-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Seems as though you've been hangin' around my "peoples" too long!

Too funny. :cool:

werwt22
07-27-2010, 02:50 PM

"To be" or not "to be"? That's "your" question that "you" choose to ask? "Are" "you" mad? HAHA.

This response was so whack, but I had to post it cuz I wasted too much time on it. LOL

TVSURFER
07-27-2010, 04:48 PM
"To be" or not "to be"? That's "your" question that "you" choose to ask? "Are" "you" mad? HAHA.

This response was so whack, but I had to post it cuz I wasted too much time on it. LOL
Are you mad because I pointed out the frailty of those who use the language incorrectly? Yes, your response was whack and you had to recollect if you used words in proper context! :D