PDA

View Full Version : Will Asia Santana be Safe in Prison?

Koanbred
08-16-2010, 05:46 AM
BigBear6 asked a very good question today when he asked about Asia Santana's prison housing arrangements.

This is a huge problem here in the United States. There have been many lawsuits waged against certain states and counties because of severe physical assaults upon the transgender population. In many states and counties, the gay and transgender inmates of jails and prisons are integrated into the main population.

It doesn't take much imagination to guess what happens after a transgender woman is placed into a cell with with a straight 6'5" guy, who's doing time for rape or assault and battery. The transgender population is the highest at-risk segment of the prison population. The next highest at-risk group would be gays. That's pretty bad when you consider the fact that over 20% of the main straight male population are victimized and sexually assaulted each year, by other so-called "straight" males.

Therefore, rape appears to be a common practice in our jails and prisons. Some jails and prisons, isolate their gay and transgender inmates. However, this requires that the state spend more money to house these inmates appropriately.

Asia Santana, being the beautiful woman that she is, should be isolated from the main population and given the best that prison security can offer her.

Ms Remy M
08-16-2010, 10:51 AM
No, nobody is safe in prison, not even the guards. Ive known many ts that have served time and while none want to be there, many find ways to make it bearable.

PIPE4U
08-16-2010, 02:14 PM
Usually prison staff is aware that this could create a problem that they don`t want. They`re answer for that is protective custody especially if they are passable. They only can be put placed there for so long. Usually a transgender person opts out and want to be in general population.

kilakali
08-17-2010, 12:42 AM
No, nobody is safe in prison, not even the guards. Ive known many ts that have served time and while none want to be there, many find ways to make it bearable.

I agree well stated..

bigbear6
08-17-2010, 05:20 AM
she was the kind girl would have took home to mom . just like i was hurt when the first ts i ever fell for.sivia boots when she killed another tg..speaking of silvia any one how she doing in prison.how much time did she get.and any way to send her a letter.andi'll keep both of them and the dececed family in prayer

Koanbred
08-18-2010, 04:16 PM
As the prison population continues to increase, rape reports are also increasing along with prisoner assault charges. This is seems to be happening all over the country. No doubt, the economy has contributed to this fact.

GroobySteven
08-18-2010, 04:42 PM
No doubt, the economy has contributed to this fact.

How do your figure that out?

Koanbred
08-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Hey there Dream Guy!

I saw a documentary the other evening about how the economy was having a very negative effect upon the lives of once successful people. People who are now, either losing their homes, facing criminal offenses, or both. I don't know, it was late, I was half asleep, but it was something like that.

I read a few months ago that prison rape reports were on the increase...

Ms Remy M
08-18-2010, 05:30 PM
As the prison population continues to increase, rape reports are also increasing along with prisoner assault charges. This is seems to be happening all over the country. No doubt, the economy has contributed to this fact.

I actually love watching documentaries and have seen similar topics so not surprised to hear this though I'd like to read specific study on the topic

Koanbred
08-18-2010, 06:04 PM
Hey there Remy!

Here are a few references for your personal information:

This one is most probably the more useful one:

http://gayrights.change.org/blog/view/a_culture_of_lgbt_prison_rape

You can also check these Wikipedia topics out:

(1) LGBT Prison rape

(2) Prison Sexuality

Love,
Koanbred

Ms Remy M
08-19-2010, 02:39 PM
I wasn't doubting your words, and I do appreciate the link. That was more of an article than an actual study (though it did reference one) and I was able to find more information from that link, so again thanks.

Koanbred
08-20-2010, 11:48 AM
Your so very welcome, Remy!

Yet again, another institution where Tgirls find life so very unfair!

It's so sad..

Koanbred
08-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, Remy!

I guess you're right. These aren't studies, but their conclusions are based upon studies and reputable sources.

Sorry, I wish that I could have been of greater convenient assistance in this regard.

Love,
Koanbred

Ms Remy M
08-20-2010, 12:42 PM
Your so very welcome, Remy!

Yet again, another institution where Tgirls find life so very unfair!

It's so sad..

Trust me friend, every last person in prison, male, female, tgirl find life so very unfair.

Ms Remy M
08-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah, Remy!

I guess you're right. These aren't studies, but their conclusions are based upon studies and reputable sources.

Sorry, I wish that I could have been of greater convenient assistance in this regard.

Love,
Koanbred

Are you getting unnecessarily defensive? Just because I didn't agree with you in another thread doesn't mean I will be out to attack you in every thread dude. You did good, here's a 'pat on the head' if it makes you feel better. I kind of felt it would amount to ancedotal evidence without hard number and ratios to compare to in that particular article (not saying those things didn't happen), but as I said from your link I was able to find the information I was looking for, your assistance is appreciated, again thank you. Sheesh. :cool:

Koanbred
08-20-2010, 01:03 PM
What are you talking about?

I sincerely felt as though I could have been more helpful about being more specific in providing you information. That's all!

Now, I'll "pat you back on the head"...It's feels good, those head pats, huh?

Sheesh! :)

Koanbred
08-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Trust me friend, every last person in prison, male, female, tgirl find life so very unfair.

Yes, but if you're gay or transgender, even more so!!!

Ms Remy M
08-20-2010, 01:07 PM
What are you talking about?

I sincerely felt as though I could have been more helpful about being more specific in providing you information. That's all!

Now, I'll "pat you back on the head"...It's feels good, those head pats, huh?

Sheesh! :)

*nods* :) I don't usually care for recognition, but it does feel good I reckon.