PDA

View Full Version : Here we go!

TVSURFER
11-04-2010, 01:12 AM
What do you think?
http://www.thegrio.com/sports/ncaa-division-1-basketball-scores-1st-transgender-player.php
:cool:

kilakali
11-04-2010, 11:45 PM
It will be interesting to see how the season will go for him.

anonymoussonny
11-07-2010, 05:14 PM
OK, here I go again...

I know this topic is becoming more important & prevalent as it confronts society's perception of the TG world. The envelope's edge is being pushed daily and on these (TG) sites I think we need to be supportive of these efforts. I actually had a discussion about this due to some High School athletes being overtly TG in the local area. We have three FTM basketball athletes that are clearly masculine in appearance demanor and presentation. Some parents have quietly voiced anxiety about playing and finally there is growing support from the LGBT community for these student athletes. This topic is the elephant in the room in womens athletics because for so many of the adults involved this affects their lives too. So many more are quietly LGBT and support the Student athletes yet their support is not from the premise of LGBT rights but from the premise of student participation. :( I think its a BS premise but they won't touch the LGBT rights with a 10 foot pole.

Stay aware in your community as these children will need your support explicitly or implicitly.:cool: