PDA

View Full Version : What Ethnicity/Country Are You ?

GroobySteven
09-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Ok it seems a bit convoluted - and if I'm missing anything out, please let me know!

You can select multiple choice but if you are anything cool or different, then let us know here please!

TVSURFER
09-30-2008, 12:55 AM
I've stated before that I'm a American of African descent, first! To say that I'm black would be no different from when the Spanish, Portuguese and the British brought slaves to the Western Hemisphere and described their cargo as negro in Spanish or "blacks" in English.
The captors had no clue as to where the slaves were taken from in Africa. So, the never said they had bodies from Chad, Ethopia or Somalia. Those are countries on the continent of Africa! Negro in Spanish and Portuguese is the adjective of the color black. Malcolm X said: "Nationalism defines who you are, not a color!" There is no Negroland that I know of! Africa is a continent! That is why, I feel, there is a race problem here in the United States; everyone is comfortable with people of African descent being negro, colored or black! I'm not! I am something and somebody!
Since I don't have a clue as to what country my ancestors hailed from in Africa, I can only claim my nationalism as an [North, if you will] American of the United States! I can be labeled as black by others, as my ancestors were, but that is truly a oxymoron and misnomer.
:cool:

LongGun
09-30-2008, 02:08 AM
I am of African descent. I hope that you were not referring to actual residents of Africa. I didn't select Black/North American because I live in the Caribbean.

GroobySteven
09-30-2008, 05:19 AM
I've stated before that I'm a American of African descent, first! To say that I'm black would be no different from when the Spanish, Portuguese and the British brought slaves to the Western Hemisphere and described their cargo as negro in Spanish or "blacks" in English.
The captors had no clue as to where the slaves were taken from in Africa. So, the never said they had bodies from Chad, Ethopia or Somalia. Those are countries on the continent of Africa! Negro in Spanish and Portuguese is the adjective of the color black. Malcolm X said: "Nationalism defines who you are, not a color!" There is no Negroland that I know of! Africa is a continent! That is why, I feel, there is a race problem here in the United States; everyone is comfortable with people of African descent being negro, colored or black! I'm not! I am something and somebody!
Since I don't have a clue as to what country my ancestors hailed from in Africa, I can only claim my nationalism as an [North, if you will] American of the United States! I can be labeled as black by others, as my ancestors were, but that is truly a oxymoron and misnomer.

I've had other people get more pissed off on the "African-American" label. I'm not going to get into race issues here. I don't label people as European Americans - I'm specifically interested in what colour people are, in relation to their geographical backgrounds.
Thanks

GroobySteven
09-30-2008, 05:21 AM
I am of African descent. I hope that you were not referring to actual residents of Africa. I didn't select Black/North American because I live in the Caribbean.

Why would you hope I wasn't meaning people living in Africa? Of course I was, it's quite a big continent I've heard.

Ok so the Caribbean isn't exactly North America (it's between North and Central) - but it's not Africa either. With only 10 options allowed I missed out some places ... Easter Island, Antartica, West Indies aka Caribean.

Africa means people living in Africa.

Thanks

TVSURFER
09-30-2008, 05:54 AM
:confused:With all due respect seanchai, why is this poll necessary or relevant to what we are subscribed to as members? I mean, who has to know what we are?
You're a white guy that has a cornered market on something I desire and crave, what would skin color or ethnicity have to with me oogling some photos or interacting with other guys that have like interests in common? I don't think this has anything to do with the price on tea in China! Could you elaborate? With all due respect, sir.

GroobySteven
09-30-2008, 06:26 AM
:confused:With all due respect seanchai, why is this poll necessary or relevant to what we are subscribed to as members? I mean, who has to know what we are?
You're a white guy that has a cornered market on something I desire and crave, what would skin color or ethnicity have to with me oogling some photos or interacting with other guys that have like interests in common? I don't think this has anything to do with the price on tea in China! Could you elaborate? With all due respect, sir.

Market Research!
It's always useful to know where our members are coming from - and also what ethnicity they are. This would give us more power over our advertising campaigns and also see why we aren't attracting some members. Every business does it - and it's not the first time we've done it.

You sound almost offended by it? It's not meant to cause offense. Personally, as a person whose traveled and is interested in people, I like to know a bit about backgrounds and I'd like to know a bit about backgrounds of the customers. There may be other polls to follow. Participation is of course, only by your choice.

kilakali
09-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Ok it seems a bit convoluted - and if I'm missing anything out, please let me know!

You can select multiple choice but if you are anything cool or different, then let us know here please!

There wasnt a chocie for people of Middle Eastern descent. Being part Berber/Brasillian i had to chose African/Central American.

DirtySouth
09-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Okay people DAMN! LOL....this is crazy when people get into these discussions. Its harmless. It doesnt matter if your great grandmother on your 2nd cousin's side was part Indian lol. Seanchai is not nit picking, its just an attempt at seeing who are potentially the most vocal and outstanding cultures that are are a part of the BTG community/website so we can better market the content.

This helps myself for one in that I would shoot models slightly different if I know my audience. Im African-American, Black, whatever you choose to call it. If I know that mostly black guys are looking at the content I shot, I know what appeals to the majority.....(baby oil, lots of ass shots, etc.) So, just help us out. We need not have a long laundry list of nationalities. We need not having anyone get offended. I do agree that the Caribbean members have their own slot since youre of African descent but dont identify with living in America or Africa (?) But I do think you like the same shit us americanized brothers like!

I think the bottom line is, what color is your skin and whats the closest culture that you identify yourself with.

TVSURFER
09-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Market Research!
It's always useful to know where our members are coming from - and also what ethnicity they are. This would give us more power over our advertising campaigns and also see why we aren't attracting some members. Every business does it - and it's not the first time we've done it.

You sound almost offended by it? It's not meant to cause offense. Personally, as a person whose traveled and is interested in people, I like to know a bit about backgrounds and I'd like to know a bit about backgrounds of the customers. There may be other polls to follow. Participation is of course, only by your choice.
In all honesty seanchai, I asked those questions because I know and have known the volatility of race matters in this world we live in today. I have lived my professional life in law and human relations and have realized the sensitivity of race in contemporary global relations.
My grandparents were Garveyites and civil rights activists long before in became vogue to Americans and the rest of the world. My grandfather was a follower of Mohandas Gandhi and was elated that the Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King chose to use his principals in the Civil Rights struggle here in the US.
However, during that era of segregation and integration here in The United States of America, many labels were thrown around to define people of African descent. Maybe that is why you felt I took offense to this polling. In truth, I did, because I feel in is unnecessary when all the subscribers have one thing in common: Black T-girls. We can take on those challenges right here on the forum as we have done in the past.
Is it alright to say that white Europeans take it up the ass and black Europeans don’t, or vice versa, based on a poll? I don’t think that is fair or balanced based on results of a poll! Do Asian dudes like their t-girls oiled-up? Those are personal preferences that everyone has, not where you come from or what you look like.
We were first Negroes (My spell -check on Windows instructs me to capitalize the word negroes as a noun, when it’s an adjective in true usage), as absurd as that label is, then colored, black, which is a oxymoron, to now, African-American without any thought to its true meaning, which is why some members are confused by the categories that are presented. We are faced with the same dilemma in our presidential election as we speak!
I respect you as a worldly person and a businessman, but I feel in your quest to sustain you business ventures, one can be somewhat naïve when certain subjects are involved (I felt your business wrath when I made an insensitive comment about one of your models). The subject of race and culture was brought up in a past thread and there was some confusion, also! The poll is fine, but it doesn’t take in account that labels of ethnicity and nationality can be skewed to meet certain objectives.

GroobySteven
09-30-2008, 09:46 PM
The poll is fine, but it doesn’t take in account that labels of ethnicity and nationality can be skewed to meet certain objectives.

Of course they can and not to put you are your parents/grandparents down but it's entirely irrelevant when we simply want to know, what sort of people like Black-Tgirls.com. The next poll is going to be on income ... it's not meant to slight anyone because they make less or more ... it's getting a feel for our subscribers - and I do take offense at the "naivety" comment.

ROC
09-30-2008, 09:50 PM
i'm Black/american, Never Been To Africa, But I Hear It's A Beautiful Country... Born & Raised In The South Bronx........ :d

Ms Remy M
09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
I put Black North American as that's my mother's side and Asian(other being India) on my Father's side.

Come on people a lil market research isn't going to hurt you any lol I get labeled as 'black' but I don't socialize in the least with mainstream 'black' cultures so I do see what you mean Tv Surfer about how the poll could be pointless in that respect. However; having worked in marketing these kind of polls still over all kinds of insight.

GroobySteven
09-30-2008, 09:57 PM
... and you can all blame Dirty South ... he started it! :eek:

ROC
09-30-2008, 09:58 PM
I Think The Poll Was Cool To Find Out What Type Of Members Are Checking Out Black T-girls Every Week.....

GroobySteven
09-30-2008, 10:22 PM
... and you can all blame Dirty South ... he started it! :eek:

Damn - missed an opportunity ... it should have been ...
"You people, can all blame Dirty South!" :rolleyes:

TVSURFER
10-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Of course they can and not to put you are your parents/grandparents down but it's entirely irrelevant when we simply want to know, what sort of people like Black-Tgirls.com. The next poll is going to be on income ... it's not meant to slight anyone because they make less or more ... it's getting a feel for our subscribers - and I do take offense at the "naivety" comment. I agree. Poor choice of words!

bxboy1984
10-01-2008, 01:15 AM
African american, boasting the same city as Roc.
but the fam is from the islands (barbados and dominica)

bdser88
10-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Bloody English & their divide and conquer tactics. Damn you Seanchai!:)

aaronk
10-09-2008, 09:04 AM
louisiana creole!!!that right cher!!!!where you from opelousas???abbeville??lafayette???somewheres in st.somethin parrish?i used to live in new orleans..i miss it quite a bit...tons of culture,good food and hot tgirls in the french quarters...oh yeah the poll-im latin north american..half mexican part polish dutch american indian...a mutt?

LongGun
10-16-2008, 11:51 PM
Why would you hope I wasn't meaning people living in Africa? Of course I was, it's quite a big continent I've heard.

Ok so the Caribbean isn't exactly North America (it's between North and Central) - but it's not Africa either. With only 10 options allowed I missed out some places ... Easter Island, Antartica, West Indies aka Caribean.

Africa means people living in Africa.

Thanks

I notice that you were quite hostile in your reply. I hoped as I did because I didn't want to select the wrong option. As well, the terms used were equivocal. I consider myself to be African by virtue of descent. You did say ethnicity/country. Instead of being sardonic just add "Other' as an option.

GroobySteven
10-17-2008, 09:15 AM
I notice that you were quite hostile in your reply. I hoped as I did because I didn't want to select the wrong option. As well, the terms used were equivocal. I consider myself to be African by virtue of descent. You did say ethnicity/country. Instead of being sardonic just add "Other' as an option.

Hostile? Not at all - just clarifying - why would you think if I said, Africa ... I wouldn't mean people living there? Actually I had two people from Africa email to be male models this week !?!?!

I did ask people if they were "other" to note it. Obviously it would be impossible to put every variation in there.