PDA

View Full Version : Police Arrest 35 In CraigsList Prostitution Ring

ROC
10-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Police have arrested 35 people in connection with a prostitution ring that used the popular Internet classified ad service CraigsList to set up illegal "dates."

The arrests are the result of a three-day undercover operation by St. Lucie County Sheriff's that resulted in charges of soliciting, deriving income from prostitution and procuring prostitutes. Deputies posing as customers used the online service to arrange the service of prostitutes.

The prostitutes then implicated pimps. Detectives also placed ads on CraigsList to lure prospective customers and arrested them when they responded. CraigsList, which allows users to sell, buy or list want ads for free, has a disclaimer that the site is not to be used for illegal activities.

TsCarmen
10-24-2008, 12:01 AM
where did this take place?

DirtySouth
10-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Near southern Florida.

GroobySteven
10-24-2008, 02:47 AM
What a waste of time and resources.

DrDickenstein
10-24-2008, 03:29 AM

That ain't no shit...... Ridiculous.

bigdicki
10-24-2008, 04:47 AM

So let me get this straight... we got foreclosures going wild, credit crises, growing unemployment, a rising amount of REAL crime and the po-po decide they have to step up and bust craigslist johns and hoes. :confused:

WTF, if I could I think I'd move to the Netherlands or Brazil.

andwar
10-24-2008, 05:09 AM
What a waste of time and resources.And whats even worse is they wasted on Craiglist in the first place! Its the worst:mad:

MrF
10-24-2008, 05:10 AM
CL has a good explanation for why they created the erotic services section: the ads for erotic services were popping up all over their board, so by making this section they fenced it in. They try to stop obviously illegal stuff, but err on the side of free expression.

And guess what ? IF IT OFFENDS YOU, YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO EROTIC SERVICES. Just stay out. Oh, but no, in the USA it's everyone's business, including the police's, if two adults want to meet in private behind closed doors for consensual sex. I like America but this is the one thing I hate, in contrast to most of Europe for example.

DirtySouth
10-24-2008, 02:06 PM
CL has a good explanation for why they created the erotic services section: the ads for erotic services were popping up all over their board, so by making this section they fenced it in. They try to stop obviously illegal stuff, but err on the side of free expression.

And guess what ? IF IT OFFENDS YOU, YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO TO EROTIC SERVICES. Just stay out. Oh, but no, in the USA it's everyone's business, including the police's, if two adults want to meet in private behind closed doors for consensual sex. I like America but this is the one thing I hate, in contrast to most of Europe for example.

This is what to be expected under the tyranny of W. :D

imported_bigkev
10-28-2008, 11:17 PM
"Deputies posing as customers used the online service to arrange the service of prostitutes".....i reckon they were REAL customers,and busted the workers when they got caught...

TVSURFER
10-29-2008, 01:18 AM
This action point out there is quite a task of staying alive in this burg called America. People trying to make less than 250K are having a rough time trying to make a nickel! Regrettably, entrepreneurial endeavors are closely monitored by the law enforcement community to make sure Lincoln’s penny doesn’t ride off on the Buffalo nickel!
What makes it so frightening is that they have to resort to the cloak of pseudo-secrecy of the internet, to enforce antiquated laws that have been proven to not have any effect on the society at large! This is the world's most lucritive profession; they know people are going to buy SEX!
Those who are concocting these Gestapo-type raids are the very ones soliciting those very services they call themselves eradicating or making the public safer! We've had a standing US Senator's husband get caught with his pants down and the girl's mouth draped around his dick here in Michigan, all because of the voyueristic activies of the police.
All it is is a type of production line justice. Hiring more police officers to investigate citizen complaints? Complaints? Who’s making these complaints, the hotels, the guests? No! Its slick as politicos that want to shore up revenues of budgets that can’t be met by normal means!
We all know of the ‘rumor’ of cops writing tickets to meet there quotas, well, this is the same thing! They‘ve cleaned up the strolls (with much help from the girls themselves) to cut down on street soliciting; now they are river-raiding the over-night stays, entrapping people, ruining lives, to throw the perpetrators and the solicitors in their newly constructed, private prisons! And mark my words; someone is going to be severely hurt or killed because it’s illegal to buy “booty”! Talk about a blue pill moment!
These raids, which are taking place all over the country, are a concerted effort by politicians to make good on their promises to “Take the Bite out of Crime!” We’ve seen and heard it all before. They hit those who can least afford to fight the system so they are those most vulnerable! It’s a shame!
:cool:

MrKnockOut
10-29-2008, 01:23 PM

while i do not agree with the raids and arrest i don't think it is a waste of time as others have mentioned. when you have girls getting robbed and gun point in seedy motels and hotels or even worse, killed, such is the result of said prostitution. i think we need to look at things objectively. the world of prostitution and transsexual prostitution is not faultless. there have been guys (and i knew a few girls who did this) who have been robbed by some of these girls. also not to mention the illicit drug use as well. not to say this is indicative of all transsexual prostitutes but i am just saying lets not be blind in our admiration for these girls.

MrF
10-29-2008, 08:19 PM
MrKnockOut has a point. The usual reason the police give for cracking down on prostitution is that it is connected with other crimes (e.g. robbery). In addition, the police responds to citizen complaints -- you wouldn't want prostitutes strolling outside your house would you ? (Ok, maybe some of you would.:cool:)

However, if prostitution were made legal it would change everything. Data for how it cleans up criminal activity and lowers prices is clear from Germany and other countries where it is legal.

MrKnockOut
10-31-2008, 01:46 AM
MrKnockOut has a point. The usual reason the police give for cracking down on prostitution is that it is connected with other crimes (e.g. robbery). In addition, the police responds to citizen complaints -- you wouldn't want prostitutes strolling outside your house would you ? (Ok, maybe some of you would.:cool:)

However, if prostitution were made legal it would change everything. Data for how it cleans up criminal activity and lowers prices is clear from Germany and other countries where it is legal.

i don't think it's fair to use data from another country to judge or make judgement decisions about another country. the cultural differences between America and Germany are tremendous, as is Amesterdam or any other country where prostitution has been legalized. If you legalize prostitution in America, you'd only be legalizing it for those who would qualify for some sort of liscence (health, etc.).