PDA

View Full Version : ...the truth

pipeahoe
12-07-2011, 03:09 AM
religion is a control tactic....yup

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh9NL8e9hI07p8TX32

MrF
12-07-2011, 04:13 AM
Opiate of the masses, as the saying goes.

But I don't think it's a conspiracy to control people. It's just the way people happen to organize themselves. Blind belief is driven by fear and reinforced by authority.

pipeahoe
12-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Opiate of the masses, as the saying goes.

But I don't think it's a conspiracy to control people. It's just the way people happen to organize themselves. Blind belief is driven by fear and reinforced by authority.

religion=fear

fear of hell etc etc

MrF
12-08-2011, 12:45 AM
religion=fear

fear of hell etc etc

With respect, I disagree. It's primarily a fear of DEATH, and secondarily a fear of the unknown. Admittedly you'd fear Hell if you believed in that form of religion, but the question is what drives you to believe in the first place.

People like the comfort of believing that death is not an infinite sleep with no dreams, which (in my opinion) is probably what it is. If you buy Christianity, death is instead a wonderful peaceful place (heaven) if you deserve it. Other forms of religion have you being reborn in a form you deserve. Etc.

And secondarily, people like to think they understand the meaning and structure of the universe; it makes them happy. Though most likely the process of "understanding" is a never-ending process, and even really smart people don't really understand the world, they are constantly trying.

This is the gospel of the agnostic. The Word has been written. :cool:

4mystuffin
12-08-2011, 01:10 AM
I think Christianity = fear is a better statement. However I think that organized religion has been a tool to control since the beginning of time.

tslover65
12-08-2011, 01:12 AM
People like the comfort of believing that death is not an infinite sleep with no dreams, which (in my opinion) is probably what it is. If you buy Christianity, death is instead a wonderful peaceful place (heaven) if you deserve it. Other forms of religion have you being reborn in a form you deserve. Etc.

Well, that's a bright outlook...