PDA

View Full Version : 17yr old black kid shot and killed for walking in white suburbia?

GroobySteven
03-15-2012, 08:55 AM
On February 26, our son Trayvon Martin was shot and killed as he walked to a family member's home from a convenience store where he had just bought some candy. He was only 17 years-old.

Trayvon's killer, George Zimmerman, admitted to police that he shot Trayvon in the chest. Zimmerman, the community's self appointed "neighborhood watch leader," called the police to report a suspicious person when he saw Travyon, a young black man, walking from the store. But Zimmerman still hasn't been charged for murdering my son.

Trayvon was our hero. At the age 9, Trayvon pulled his father from a burning kitchen, saving his life. He loved sports and horseback riding. At only 17 he had a bright future ahead of him with dreams of attending college and becoming an aviation mechanic. Now that’s all gone.

When Zimmerman reported Trayvon to the police, they told him not to confront him. But he did anyway. All we know about what happened next is that our 17 year-old son, who was completely unarmed, was shot and killed.

It's been nearly two weeks and the Sanford Police have refused to arrest George Zimmerman. In their public statements, they even go so far as to stand up for the killer - saying he's "a college grad" who took a class in criminal justice.

Please join us in calling on Norman Wolfinger, Florida's 18th District State's Attorney, to investigate my son's murder and prosecute George Zimmerman for the shooting and killing of Trayvon Martin.

Read the story above ... and click on link to sign petition:
http://www.change.org/petitions/prosecute-the-killer-of-17-year-old-trayvon-martin

carmencream
03-15-2012, 11:04 AM
This was a very heartbreaking story, I signed the Petition yesterday via facebook please sign it so justice can be served .Thank you Steven for bringing this to the people of this forums attention.

johnmagnum
03-15-2012, 11:57 AM
thanks for posting....despite having a black president, the USA is still mighty white and racist.

Ms Remy M
03-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Very tragic, thanks for posting this. Hopefully justice will be served.

bigdicki
03-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Thank you for getting the message out. After hearing the 911 tape there is no way that Zimmerman should not be charged. Even today in some places with some people Black people doon't get justice

bibba
03-17-2012, 06:20 PM
we live in such a sad world that people people just cant get along

BigJoeKrash
03-19-2012, 01:07 AM
two 911 calls are on youtube. Dont know if I can post them here. But one is from Zimmerman and one if a from a neighbor. You can hear the kid screaming for help