PDA

View Full Version : Gay Marriage

Ms Remy M
05-12-2012, 02:22 AM
I was happy to read the news about Obama officially supporting Gay Marriage. Congratulations for being the first president to do so. It is a very important moment in that this is a civil rights issue, and like so many civil rights issues before this, America has to be woken up to the changing times. For this to be a nation of the free and have a separation of church and state it is not fair to let the dogma of religion dictate who can marry.

As a side note, a friend showed me this link which put a smile on my :)

http://www.stopgeek.com/top-10-reasons-gay-marriage-should-be-illegal.html

CosmicTraveler
05-12-2012, 02:32 AM
Marriage is a fool's game no matter what organ you put where. But if gay people want to make that mistake, then they should damn well be allowed to.

t3h EMMA
05-12-2012, 02:47 AM
STOP GAY SEX: LEGALIZE GAY MARRIAGE
Paid for The Fucking-Fuck-Your-Mother Campaign, in association with Sodom and GoMuffYourself. :D

tsamberskyi
05-13-2012, 06:14 PM
its about time....freedom and equality for all

twowaybro
05-13-2012, 11:30 PM
I was happy to read the news about Obama officially supporting Gay Marriage.

As it has been rumored that Mr Obama is indeed himself bisexual(see: Donald Young, Larry Sinclair etc.), i expected this move at some point in his presidency. He owes the LGBT community. The guy is a shrewd Chicago politician so the timing is no accident. Hope his sentiment is sincere and not just pure politics in an election year. Not an Obama supporter but behind him on this 100 per cent.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTY2PyT2DXJO9o4Qgw_PnY4Q3GVqDDSO RNp5XEd2_zMhMWTprtv

Unisex
05-14-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't think Gay/Lesbian marriage policies apply to Transgender though.

tsamberskyi
05-14-2012, 02:58 PM

Not really.....but that's besides the point.a step forward is a step forward

CosmicTraveler
05-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I suppose that would depend on the parties getting married.

Ms Remy M
05-14-2012, 05:59 PM

Actually they do. If a MTF has their sex officially changed to female and marries a female that would be considered lesbian marriage. If a MTF doesn't have sex officially changed to female and marries a man it would be considered gay marriage. :cool: The terminology should be written to expressly include transgender as well should they ever be included in a federal amendment.

CosmicTraveler
05-14-2012, 09:38 PM
I imagine that also applies to FTM transgender. Y'know... just so they're not left out.

t3h EMMA
05-14-2012, 11:16 PM
I imagine that also applies to FTM transgender. Y'know... just so they're not left out.

You don't really think those exist, do you?

Ms Remy M
05-15-2012, 01:26 AM

Yeah of course that applies to all transgender. I merely referred to MtF as that what this site specializes in. The same argument naturally would apply to all.

bigdicki
05-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Marriage is a fool's game no matter what organ you put where. But if gay people want to make that mistake, then they should damn well be allowed to.

Amen to to both points as they are equally correct.;)