PDA

View Full Version : L4yer Cake!

nycguy
11-14-2008, 09:43 PM
"Your born, you take shit
you get out in the world, you take more shit
Climb a little higher, you take less shit
Till one day your in the rarefied athmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like.
Welcome to the layer cake son."

Not about trannys, but this is the best Daniel Craig movie i've seen. I highly recommend it to all who have not seen it. It's on DVD. Has a superb cast, and incredible writing. And its an action drama! Go see it, would love to hear from people who have seen it already. I missed it's theatre run.

Oh Daniel Craig is the new James Bond.

Ms Remy M
11-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Till one day your in the rarefied athmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like.

Not about trannys, but this is the best Daniel Craig movie i've seen. I highly recommend it to all who have not seen it. It's on DVD. Has a superb cast, and incredible writing. And its an action drama! Go see it, would love to hear from people who have seen it already. I missed it's theatre run.

Oh yeah I bought that movie a few years ago. It was my 1st Daniel Craig movie and I became a fan of his instantly. It was his acting in that movie that helped land him the role for James Bond and he's a perfect fit

nycguy
11-15-2008, 12:15 AM
I believe it. He was excellent! I dont know how I slept on its theater release. That was the first movie in a long time to have me clueless the whole time. I'm about to watch it again.

TVSURFER
11-15-2008, 01:25 AM
I think it was an Indie movie and most of those don't get a big theatrical release play unless they get great film festival reviews. It was made in England and most Americans can't sit through the witty and thought provoking dialogue the Brits throw around. Americans got to have shit blowin' up and cars zipping through streets like Xbox games! I enjoyed the fuck out of that movie. I liked Daniel Craig in Road to Perdition and Munich, too!
:cool:

DirtySouth
11-15-2008, 01:01 PM

Good movie with a good ending. It was hard to follow the brit accents for me. I didnt understand a lot of the slang. I had an easier time with other Brit movies like "Snatch".

DrDickenstein
11-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm not familiar, never seen it. But I'm definitely intrigued/interested. "L4yer Cake" is the name of the movie??? Let me know. Thanks.

Ms Remy M
11-15-2008, 04:02 PM
I think it was an Indie movie and most of those don't get a big theatrical release play unless they get great film festival reviews. It was made in England and most Americans can't sit through the witty and thought provoking dialogue the Brits throw around. Americans got to have shit blowin' up and cars zipping through streets like Xbox games! I enjoyed the fuck out of that movie. I liked Daniel Craig in Road to Perdition and Munich, too!

Dude I totally didn't realize that was DC in Road to Perdition, but as soon as you mentioned it I do remember his character now. Same with Munich, he put on some muscle for that role, again never realized it was him. Both of those are great movies too!! Hmm seems he has had a flawless movie record thus far!!!

I find the Brit humor to be the best, I've watched A LOT of UK shows and movies over the years so the lingo grows on you. Living in Germany during early 90s the only english speaking shows were on the UK channels. Although at times the real deep accents can throw me a curve ball too, in the same way some deep southern US accents can leave me clueless.

TVSURFER
11-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Dude I totally didn't realize that was DC in Road to Perdition, but as soon as you mentioned it I do remember his character now. Same with Munich, he put on some muscle for that role, again never realized it was him. Both of those are great movies too!! Hmm seems he has had a flawless movie record thus far!!!

I find the Brit humor to be the best, I've watched A LOT of UK shows and movies over the years so the lingo grows on you. Living in Germany during early 90s the only english speaking shows were on the UK channels. Although at times the real deep accents can throw me a curve ball too, in the same way some deep southern US accents can leave me clueless.
I feel you Remy. The British have always presented thought provoking movies and TV shows.
As you can see from my avatar, the DC comic hero "V" from the movie "V for Vendetta" is a perfect dipiction of what could happen in a neo-facist society and those with perspectives can save the world from itself! The British portrayed that mind-set so well! Hmm, kinda of what would happen if our country had leaned too far to the extreme right.
Hugo Weaving, Mr. Smith from "The Matrix", plays the part of "V", although you never see his face because he wears a Guy Ffokes mask. "Remember, remember the 5th of November, the gun-powder treason and plot...!"
The history of the Antebellum South has lingusitic roots from the Scottish and Isles. If you listen closely to both the Southern and English type brogues, they are almost identical. That's why its hard to understand them when you first hear it.