PDA

View Full Version : So has anyone here heard about the recent cheerios commercial controversy?

joxynn
06-08-2013, 08:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYofm5d5Xdw

This relatively cute and harmless commercial is apparently causing all sorts of outrage because of the fact that is portrays an interracial couple with a mixed child. The comments on this particular video got so bad that they were subsequently disabled. Not that I consider youtube commenters to be the most accurate representation of society at large, but I am a bit alarmed that something like this still causes this much of an uproar in this day and age. Check out the comments on this video which are still active and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9XJH8tl4Rk

werwt22
06-09-2013, 02:53 AM
love the commercial. fuk the racism. end of story

raheme
06-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Just shows you how fucked up of a society we still live in when grown adults can find so much hatred about a little mulatto girl eating cheerios with her white mom and black dad...calling her little monkey girl and what not. Racism is still alive and kicking...especially on the internet where people can be annonymous assholes with no fear of retaliation.

johnmagnum
06-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Racism is very much alive and influencing peoples decisions on a daily basis. Trust me, I know. I've been the victim of racism in the professional world more times than I care to think about.

Totally sucks to know that no matter how educated you are and what you can bring to a organization, the powerful white man still see's me as another nigger that he wont hire.

Ms Remy M
06-11-2013, 10:57 PM
Was really fucked up how people respond to interracial relationships, but at the end of the day it's no different then how people respond to trans, it's all civil rights issues. Society is fucked up all around. What amazes me is how people can suffer bigotry and then turn around and be bigots themselves in their own way.

qcutta
06-23-2013, 08:15 PM
Racism is very much alive and influencing peoples decisions on a daily basis. Trust me, I know. I've been the victim of racism in the professional world more times than I care to think about.

Totally sucks to know that no matter how educated you are and what you can bring to a organization, the powerful white man still see's me as another nigger that he wont hire.

Exactly...that's why I can relate to what many TS go thru on a daily basis, as far as being judged on your outside appearance rather than on what's inside. But hey, it is what it is...