PDA

View Full Version : Yellowbone and Redbone? What's the difference?

GroobySteven
07-02-2013, 03:51 PM
I know I could look it up - but I'm sure I'll get some proper answers here (wishful thinking), I've seen both terms Redbone and Yellowbone. What's the difference and why are they called that?

thegreat1
07-02-2013, 04:54 PM
I know I could look it up - but I'm sure I'll get some proper answers here (wishful thinking), I've seen both terms Redbone and Yellowbone. What's the difference and why are they called that?

Most people use it inter-changibly. However, its supposed to be based on the under-tone of the skin. Some light skinned people have a reddish undertone to their skin, ie 'redbone'. Those without = yellowbone

Ms Remy M
07-02-2013, 04:56 PM

thegreat1 said it perfectly. You've hung out with Amber and I, I'm red while Amber is yellow. :p

GroobySteven
07-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Most people use it inter-changibly. However, its supposed to be based on the under-tone of the skin. Some light skinned people have a reddish undertone to their skin, ie 'redbone'. Those without = yellowbone

Nice - thanks.
Ever seen a Greenbone?

Rozay
07-02-2013, 10:04 PM
There is no difference same thing

mick foleyv2
07-03-2013, 02:40 AM
1st is yellowbone, 2nd is red bone

tsamberskyi
07-03-2013, 03:20 PM
1st is yellowbone, 2nd is red bone

Both those girls are actually both yellow.
A better example:
Left red, yellow right

mick foleyv2
07-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Both those girls are actually both yellow.
A better example:
Left red, yellow right

lol. who is that wit u amber, remy? btw I really wanna f*** u now your getting thicker

raheme
07-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Further proof of how blacks try to distinguish themselves from each other...lost

Indy24
07-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Further proof of how blacks try to distinguish themselves from each other...lost

We are different.

I have Native American, Puerto Rican and White ancestry.

So am I suppose to disregard those because of some lame ass "One Drop" rule?

Hmm..doubt my Great Grands would be amused.

Side note: Try calling an Italian man, "white" or someone from China, Japanese and see how quick he corrects you. Brits aren't Australians and Scot's aren't to be confused with Irish. So this logic is flawed and stupid?

I am who I say I am.

tsamberskyi
07-04-2013, 02:15 PM
We are different.

Side note: Try calling an Italian man, "white" or someone from China, Japanese and see how quick he corrects you. Brits aren't Australians and Scot's aren't to be confused with Irish. So this logic is flawed and stupid?

I am who I say I am.

It annoys me also how some black people get offended when i acknowledge my other ancestry.
I would never diss my African American and Liberian heritage so why should i do that to the others?

tsamberskyi
07-04-2013, 02:44 PM
lol. who is that wit u amber, remy? btw I really wanna f*** u now your getting thicker

Yea, that's Remy and I'm going to swerve on the last part of that comment lol

GroobySteven
07-04-2013, 04:14 PM
We are different.

I am who I say I am.

... but Scot's are British :-)

Indy24
07-05-2013, 12:41 AM
... but Scot's are British :-)

Thought there was some type of Yes vote for independence recently but it's still a choice if they want to keep their Scottish citizenship or not.

Don't know too much about it yet so I'll remove it.

I'm sure most of you get the gist of what I was saying regardless.

Ms Remy M
07-05-2013, 02:04 AM
It annoys me also how some black people get offended when i acknowledge my other ancestry.
I would never diss my African American and Liberian heritage so why should i do that to the others?

Agreed, my father grandparents were straight from India and I say so with pride.

mick foleyv2
07-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Yea, that's Remy and I'm going to swerve on the last part of that comment lol

your loss lol

raheme
07-05-2013, 07:16 AM
We are different.

I am who I say I am.

That has nothing to do with the subject matter at hand. Yellowbone and redbone are not ethnicities nor are they nationalities.

Indy24
07-05-2013, 07:26 AM
That has nothing to do with the subject matter at hand. Yellowbone and redbone are not ethnicities nor are they nationalities.

Neither did your initial comment yet here we are.

GroobySteven
07-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Thought there was some type of Yes vote for independence recently but it's still a choice if they want to keep their Scottish citizenship or not.

Don't know too much about it yet so I'll remove it.

I'm sure most of you get the gist of what I was saying regardless.

Not really, it hasn't been voted on yet and polls show it would unlikely go through. Scotland IS a country. You can be both Scottish (or English, Welsh or Northern Irish) AND British.

tsamberskyi
07-05-2013, 01:04 PM
your loss lol

I'll find someway to live my loss lol

werwt22
07-05-2013, 03:13 PM
redbone is just the tone between light brown and yellow skin.

mick foleyv2
07-05-2013, 03:37 PM
I'll find someway to live my loss lol

im sure u will :)