PDA

View Full Version : Video problems

qqq
11-18-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm seeing new option formats for playing vids. Whatever I used to use seems to be gone. Why the change? any suggestions?

flab

admin_old
11-19-2013, 10:11 PM
We're now moving to MP4 format only as it is easily the most versatile format, and also allows for better quality at smaller filesizes.

Almost any media player will play MP4 files but we recommend VLC Media Player which you can download for free from http://www.videolan.org

If you are using Windows Media Player, please ensure it is the latest version (v12) in order to play MP4 files.

Incidentally, when it's available you can also now stream the videos in HD quality if your internet connection is fast enough. On the new videos look for an HD logo on the video player and click it to switch qualities.

chubbychaser
11-20-2013, 12:59 AM
I hate mp4, wmv is better. But it's all good with me as long as yall got that good content

GroobySteven
11-21-2013, 06:18 PM
I hate mp4, wmv is better. But it's all good with me as long as yall got that good content

That's what I used to think - until I tried Mp4 and found it works better across more systems, cleaner on my system and we can show MUCH higher quality videos than ever before.

qqq
11-21-2013, 09:48 PM
I followed your instructions and downloaded VLC. no luck. When I click to view in Mp4, it shows me "Yahoo music engine" as my default download ????. Then my screen freezes and I get the dreaded hourglass.
It seems like your new format has rendered my laptop unable to play any Grooby vids, even when I click on the screen that says streaming. not my first bad experience with so called technological improvements. anyone think the new iphone iOS 7 is better than the old thing?
I guess what's frustrating is why change things when something is working perfectly fine?

GroobySteven
11-24-2013, 09:26 AM
I guess what's frustrating is why change things when something is working perfectly fine?

Because it was working far from "perfectly fine" - our older videos weren't showing in many android devices. Mp4 should show in every device. Furthermore, our new quality is much better (of which we'd had complaints previous).
Can you email us at customerservice@grooby.com with the device and the issue as I'm confident it's correctable.