PDA

View Full Version : How do the photogs for grooby record video and take stills at the same time?

Rozay
06-12-2014, 10:47 PM
I always wondered that

tsluvr64
06-13-2014, 04:45 AM
Usually all photos are still shots from the actual footage or additional footage from the actual shoot. Most times there are additional photog's on the set while filming for either web content or video packaging stills.

Ms Remy M
06-14-2014, 01:49 PM
The ways of the Jedi Knight are not meant to be privy to all... :p Nah seriously though, it spoils the magic to tell you how things work behind the scenes, just enjoy it.

GroobySteven
06-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Usually all photos are still shots from the actual footage or additional footage from the actual shoot. Most times there are additional photog's on the set while filming for either web content or video packaging stills.

Wrong. Wrong and thrice wrong.

GroobySteven
06-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Depends on the photographer - when I filmed, I'd shoot so many still shots, then some video, then some still shots, then some ... and alternate like that. Others shoot the photos and then restart and do the video. Sometimes you can manage to do both at the same time - and one or two of the photographers may have an assistant.

We don't take stills from the videos and use them for photos, you'd see a huge drop in quality from what you see if we practiced that.

thepiedpiper
06-17-2014, 12:14 AM
the vids where you hear the photographer 'clicking' his or her camera will be filmed as follows

1 camera is setup on a tripod and shoots the video (what you're watching) the photographer will then be taking pics with a second camera.. voilą