PDA

View Full Version : Tangerine

MrF
12-15-2015, 03:57 AM
Just saw a amazing movie on Netflix called "Tangerine" about L.A. transgender prostititues and some incidents in their lives. Incredibly real and deeply sad. I found out afterwards that it has received high critical acclaim. Remarkably, it was shot on an iPhone on a very low budget.

bryanferryfan
12-16-2015, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I just watched it and it's not that great. Saw Clu Galugher as the old guy in the Armenian's cab, he's a veteran actor and always gives good performances. It was seedy, not as scintillating as I thought it'd be. Princessa is far better as far as Transgendered films go. I give it 1 1/2 stars.

MrF
12-16-2015, 02:59 AM
I gave Tangerine 3 stars out of 5. I think the average rating was 2.5 stars on Netflix. The Rotten Tomatoes website had a 96% approval (positive rating) from critics for its artistic flair and originality, and 80% from the general public. Well, movie critics are often out of step with the public, but I think it's worth a "free" look on Netflix, though I wouldn't pay to see it in a theater, nor see it a 2nd time.

kilakali
03-28-2016, 11:52 PM
Yeah I thought it was decent pretty amazing they shot the whole movie using a IPhone

sosleepy
04-13-2016, 05:55 AM
I was impressed they used actual trans people for the roles instead of men in drag which tends to be the norm.