PDA

View Full Version : Nothing To Do With Black Tgirls

Ms Remy M
02-27-2009, 10:02 PM
I just dowloaded a movie called "The Rules Of Attraction" released in 2002 and am about to watch it. Has anyon seen it? It was just re-released on blu-ray. My sole reason for watching this movie is from what I read in the synopsis about the movie.

Apparently one of the characters 'Sean Bateman' is the younger brother of 'Patrick Bateman' who is the lead character in the movie 'American Pyscho' released in 2000 starring Christian Bale as Patrick. Is this the same Patrick Bateman that's referring to in 'The Rules Of Attraction'. (a bit of 7 degrees of separation it seems) I found American Pyscho and The Machinist to be Bale's best work, and what made me really like him as an actor, especially in 'The Machinist'. He really put his all into the character in a way few actors do.

TVSURFER
02-27-2009, 10:52 PM
I just dowloaded a movie called "The Rules Of Attraction" released in 2002 and am about to watch it. Has anyon seen it? It was just re-released on blu-ray. My sole reason for watching this movie is from what I read in the synopsis about the movie.

Apparently one of the characters 'Sean Bateman' is the younger brother of 'Patrick Bateman' who is the lead character in the movie 'American Pyscho' released in 2000 starring Christian Bale as Patrick. Is this the same Patrick Bateman that's referring to in 'The Rules Of Attraction'. (a bit of 7 degrees of separation it seems) I found American Pyscho and The Machinist to be Bale's best work, and what made me really like him as an actor, especially in 'The Machinist'. He really put his all into the character in a way few actors do.
Bale was excellent in Empire of the Sun with John Malkovich. As a matter of fact, it's a must see! It was directed by Steven Spielberg in 1987 and was nominated for 6 Academy Awards. Bale was about 12 or 13 when he made this movie. He was excellent as a smug, English boy caught in the invasion of the Japanese in China during World War II [He also has a hard-on for airplanes!]. The movie also co-stars, Joe Pantioliano (The Matrix and Sopranos).
The movie American Psycho is good, but the book is more engaging. I'll have to see Rules of Attraction to make an assessment.
:cool:

Ms Remy M
02-28-2009, 12:23 AM
Bale was excellent in Empire of the Sun with John Malkovich. As a matter of fact, it's a must see! It was directed by Steven Spielberg in 1987 and was nominated for 6 Academy Awards. Bale was about 12 or 13 when he made this movie. He was excellent as a smug, English boy caught in the invasion of the Japanese in China during World War II [He also has a hard-on for airplanes!]. The movie also co-stars, Joe Pantioliano (The Matrix and Sopranos).
The movie American Psycho is good, but the book is more engaging. I'll have to see Rules of Attraction to make an assessment.
:cool:

Yes, a few people have mentioned Empire of the Sun, I'll have to try and find it.

thepiedpiper
02-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Yes, a few people have mentioned Empire of the Sun, I'll have to try and find it.

If you DL your movies through a medium that isn't itunes i can hook you up with a good site but of course i wouldn't post it in open forum ;) PM me and I'll pass it on.

PS empire of the sun is available for download

Ms Remy M
02-28-2009, 12:29 AM
If you DL your movies through a medium that isn't itunes i can hook you up with a good site but of course i wouldn't post it in open forum ;) PM me and I'll pass it on.

PS empire of the sun is available for download

Im a hardcore newsgroup junkie, but open to suggestions... pm-ing

thepiedpiper
02-28-2009, 12:48 AM
lol its not gonna beat the speed consistancy of newsgrouping but the files dont die after a certain amount of time (unless their seeds do) but then your not paying so there is a bonus :)

Ms Remy M
02-28-2009, 12:56 AM
lol its not gonna beat the speed consistancy of newsgrouping but the files dont die after a certain amount of time (unless their seeds do) but then your not paying so there is a bonus :)

Actually, my initial introduction to newsgroups arose as a legal alternative to the p2p DL that were drawing so much negative attention. My usual download speeds average around 1-2mbs/sec with around 10(up to 20) connections so it's pretty decent. Retention rates have also gone up to 240 days with Giganews who I use opposed to the free connections through ISP.