PDA

View Full Version : download Video Speed

iketurner
06-19-2009, 05:57 AM
I am member at [another site]. The download of the videos which are about 8-10 minutes long. It takes only about 30 sec to 1 min. Just comparing that to what we have here at BTG make us look sloooooww. Almost DSL vs Dial-up. I don't know what they have but that would be a great improvement.

Just two cents from a paying customer..

TurboMan
06-22-2009, 02:00 AM
:)I also wonder about this too. any one care to give some insight on this subject?

GroobyKrissy
06-22-2009, 05:35 PM
I am member at [another site] The download of the videos which are about 8-10 minutes long. It takes only about 30 sec to 1 min. Just comparing that to what we have here at BTG make us look sloooooww. Almost DSL vs Dial-up. I don't know what they have but that would be a great improvement.

Just two cents from a paying customer..

[another site]... which has a HUGE network of sites! Grooby is definitely one of, if not THE big boy on the block for TS content but Kink has a big network of straight sites that are probably pretty big money makers. They have full page ads in the AVN magazine and their sites are always winning awards so it would follow that they have a pretty big budget.

They probably have [another site] on a massive server with their own bandwidth, etc. I think Kink does all their own processing and etc. which means basically they pocket all income besides affiliate stuff too. Also to note is that TS Seduction is probably (and I'm guessing here) one of their smaller / smallest sites since they don't really do too much in the TS industry. I suppose if TS Seduction really brought in big bucks, they would venture into the other avenues of the TS niche besides just bondage / roleplay.

All that to say... it probably comes down to money and hosting. Grooby is huge but I'd venture to guess that [another site] is bigger and probably has rooms of servers and miles of bandwidth to use. I've been to their location in SF and it is HUGE.

Here's where it's at... just leasing this structure in the middle of SF, some of the most expensive real estate in the country, gives you a small idea of how much their budget is...

http://www.sfarmory.com/

GroobySteven
06-23-2009, 03:34 AM
Nothing really to do with the size of the company Krissy and I reckon that company will get it's fair share of complaints also.
Our servers are housed in Amsterdam and always have been. We actually have excellent brand new servers and are in one the biggest facilities in the world, we have a huge monthly bill.
It depends on the link your ISP takes to the server. It can also depend on time of day and other variables.
What speeds are you getting that are so bad?

I'm in Hawaii on a Roadrunner cable account at 5:30pm downloading the large new Natalia Coxx clip (215Mb) and it's coming down at around 290kb/s (not brilliant but not too bad either).

Consumer is always going to want faster - but they're always going to want increased quality also, so it's a balance.
If you want to take a look at where your slowing down, go into "accessories" and then "command prompt" tyoe "tracert black-tgirls.com" and press enter.

GroobySteven
06-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Try it now, we co-incidentally made some changes overnight to all the Grooby servers.

10am in Hawaii getting a speed of 425 kb/s