Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/0

Exclamation THE GIRLS — Upcoming Trans Women-Led Horror Film Indiegogo Campaign!

Hi, everyone!! =) Been a while. So, I'm happy to announce that I have partnered with Steven Grooby, who will be coming on as an Executive Producer for my upcoming feature film project THE GIRLS! It is a trans women-led horror film inspired by the exploitation films of the 70s and 80s. You know... the kind that isn't often made anymore: It will contain nudity, sex, tons of awesome practical blood/gore effects, and let me just tell you that we did NOT hold back with the script! Everyone involved is so excited for this project, and I can't wait to show you more of what we've been working on! =)

Tagline: A once-in-a-lifetime Halloween party turns deadly for four trans women when they come face-to-face with three truly monstrous bigots.

We have a HORROR ICON attached to the project to play one of the key villain roles, and though we can't announce it just yet, we're all super stoked to have this person aboard the project! We are also currently in talks for some exciting cameos from horror's best!

We will be holding an open casting call very soon for some of the trans women leads, but coming on as the character PIXIE is Ryder Avalon!

Directed by: Krista Michaels
    Written by an all-trans woman team: Krista Michaels, Brandy Bryant, & Jessica D'Amelio
    Producers: Blair Hawkins, Krista Michaels, and Alice Wells

And attached:

Mission Statement
    THE GIRLS was originally a loose idea by director Krista Michaels to create a much-needed horror film completely led by trans women. The intent was to show the trials, tribulations, and absolute bigotry that people from the transgender community face on a regular basis, while also showing how we can rise above.

There weren't many trans-led films, in general, much less horror films that we could grow our inspiration from, nor characters to aspire to. And with that, I set out to develop a complete script with the help of an all-trans-woman writing team—Brandy Bryant and Jessica D'Amelio. Together, the three hope to deliver a story to be directed by Krista Michaels, and Co-Produced by trans team, Blair Hawkins and Krista Michaels.

Going further, we hope to put together a team of fantastic women for the crew to fulfill our dreams of delivering a great time at the movies!

The Indiegogo for THE GIRLS officially launches July 11th! But for now, you can visit both the website and the Indiegogo Pre-Launch page for more information. Be sure to get on the mailing list for all the latest news, updates, and to grab all the best perks as soon as the campaign launches!! Would you like to attend to big Halloween party, featuring some horror cameos, hot trans women, the filming of a live band! (more on this soon also), and much, much more? Would you like to be an Executive Producer? An Associate Producer? Attend the events surrounding the film? Or would you just like some swag? With your help and contributions, we can get the movie funded, and it's something we're all so proud of and super excited for! Thank you so much <3

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

All round Grooby Guy GroobySteven's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 774/127
    Given: 634/8
    This is awesome - I can't wait to see how they develop it and Krista is someone who can absolutely make this happen.
    I hope you are along for the journey.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!