Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    Quote Originally Posted by kilakali View Post
    I mention stroll area as point in reference. That is how i recieve my information when traveling (word on the street). When I went to Colombo in Sri Lanka i was under the impression that the girls were treated the same as in India. Many girls fled to India believing that it would be better for them, however that was not the case.

Palmyra Mawatta and Galle Road, Colombo, Sri Lanka...reference....
    Thanks chief, I can appreciate that, didn't mean it as a slight. It's just that as Koanbred stated, the Hijras are sort of accepted (at least amongst the Hindu population) in a spiritual context. Does that same acceptance translate in Sri Lanka, as far as believing they'll be cursed if they do wrong to a trans and such. If they are treated the same I'd assume so though.

I figured that might be what the situation is like.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

The West Coast BTG Informant
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 46/2
    Given: 23/2
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy757Photog View Post
    Thanks chief, I can appreciate that, didn't mean it as a slight. It's just that as Koanbred stated, the Hijras are sort of accepted (at least amongst the Hindu population) in a spiritual context. Does that same acceptance translate in Sri Lanka, as far as believing they'll be cursed if they do wrong to a trans and such. If they are treated the same I'd assume so though.

I figured that might be what the situation is like.
    I dont know i was reffering to the stigma and hiring practices. The girls I met were Buddhist. Actually there is a girl that goes to Hamburger Mary's that is from Sri Lanka I will ask her tonight.

A Grooby Photographer Princess! Ms Remy M's Avatar
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/1
    Given: 3/0
    I dont know i was reffering to the stigma and hiring practices. The girls I met were Buddhist. Actually there is a girl that goes to Hamburger Mary's that is from Sri Lanka I will ask her tonight.
    *nods* have fun

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Smile

Ummm there are black tgirls in India they come from Sri Lanka and some are Sidis from Jambur and Gujarat..
    Hey there Kilakali!

You know, when I originally posted, I mentioned the Black Tgirls of India and Pakistan. My reference to Black Tgirls was stated as sort of tongue in cheek. I really didn't literally mean that these girls are actually Black Tgirls. However, it brought forth a very interesting observation on your part and I appreciate it.

Now whenever I think of the Tgirls of India, I will think of the dark-skinned ones with kinky hair first, because of the Sidis. I will never forget about them as this discourse has caused me to research their controversial appearance in India, Sri Lanka, and Pakistan.

Apparently, their arrival predates the Atlantic slave trade. It's speculated that some did arrive there as slaves prior to the Atlantic slave trade. It has also been suggested that some arrived there as mercenaries, and some arrived as merchant marines. It's also suspected that some arrived there due to mishaps at sea and were marooned. However, they got there, their arrival is surrounded by mystery, conjecture, and speculation. There are just too many controversial explanations, for any of them to be accepted with any certainty. Perhaps all explanations are true!

Anyway, thanks for the enlightenment!

Gender is Between the Ears and Sex is Between the Legs...

Thumbs Up/Down

Red face

The transgendered of Afghanistan are also treated in a similar fashion as the ones in Pakistan and India. Since the war has been going on, many gay and transgender people have lost their lives due to unnecessary violence.

Gender is Between the Ears and Sex is Between the Legs...

Thumbs Up/Down
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...? Will there be a pop quiz tomorrow?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hope is to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives!

Thumbs Up/Down

Cool TV be nice...

This has alway been an interesting side topic for me. The internet was the best thing back in the early 90's. I was exposed to so much new cultural knowledge. TV be nice... this might not be your cup of tea but this has serious ramifications on the evolution of the TG (and their admirers) community in the US.